This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Happy May! 

With the springtime weather getting warmer and warmer, we thought it “fit” to suggest some ways to get involved in competitions in the area. Competing may seem intimidating at first, but signing up for a race or two can be a great way to set personal goals – and accomplish them! Whether it’s a running race or a triathlon, it’s fun to get outside and show that competitive spirit. 

There are several upcoming races in the Northfield area this spring:

1. The Color Run: Sunday, May 3 at 1:00 p.m. in the St. Olaf Natural Lands. Funds raised by the Color Run will help Partners in Health, a medical organization that helps bring sustainable medical practices to impoverished communities.

2. HealthFinders 5k: Saturday, May 9 at 9:00 a.m. at St. Olaf. HealthFinders is a non-profit health and wellness clinic that serves underinsured individuals and families from Rice County. All of the proceeds will go directly to HealthFinders and our hope is that this event will also help promote community wellness and campus-community interaction.

3. St. Olaf Sprint Triathlon: Sunday, May 17 at 8:00 a.m. on the St. Olaf campus. Register as an individual or as a team of three people!

4. After Dark Committee Electric Run: May 8 at 9:30 p.m.  St. Olaf. Featuring neon sweatbands and music along the course, this even run winds around campus sidewalks ending up in the Quad!

As you can see, there are many options for upcoming competitions! Go for it!

running feetcolor runswimmersrunners