Ole Entertainment: 10 Tracks You Need to Download Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

10. Bonfire Heart by James Blunt

Starting to feel nostalgic for summer? Blunt’s new track will transport you back to the carefree days of campfires, stargazing, summer flings and (sigh) no homework.

9. Hold On, We’re Going Home (feat. Majid Jordan) by Drake

Drake’s new album just dropped this week, and this song is a standout. It’s smooth vibe really showcases Drake’s vocal skills and versatility.

8. Take Back The Night by Justin Timberlake

This pre-released tune from Part 2 of “The 20/20 Experience” has a bit of a Michael Jackson-y feel to it, with old school beats that are easy to groove to. With a track as stellar as this, I can’t wait to see what his new album has in store!

7. Team by Lorde

If you find yourself humming “Royals” an unhealthy amount, give this new Lorde track a try. It’s got the same soulful vocals and catchy beats, with a new twist that you’re sure to love.

6. Washing Dishes by Jack Johnson

Jack Johnson never fails to deliver a good, mellow track to slow things down to. Listen to this song while studying, sipping a cup of java on a Sunday afternoon, or while knitting a sweater for your grandma.

[pagebreak]

5. Pumpin Blood by NONONO (free!)

This peppy tune will get you whistling along in no time. A nice reminder that we’re all alive and there’s happiness everywhere. Bonus-it’s FREE on iTunes!

4. Alive by Empire of the Sun

Another upbeat song about how great it is to be alive; in other words, a great mood booster.  What’s not to like?

3. Wake Me Up by Avicii

Avicii fuses country with house music to get the perfect dance party jam. The folksy undertones are what make this song stand out in a sea of electronic mixes, and get stuck in your head for days.

2. Rivers by Bipolar Sunshine

If you’re looking for a refreshing new sound, look no further. Alternative band Bipolar Sunshine’s first EP “Aesthetics” came out this summer, with tracks that make listening to music an experience again, not just something to play in the background.

1. The Fox by Ylvis

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding! For a song about animal noises, you’ve got to admit it’s pretty catchy. To boost your street cred, try learning all of the words (this is more difficult than it sounds)!

Photo Credits:

Bonfire Heart 

Hold On, We’re Going Home 

Take Back the Night 

Team 

Washing Dishes 

Pumpkin Blood 

Alive 

Wake Me Up 

Rivers 

The Fox 

Lindsey Tucker is a freshman at St. Olaf College, and is the writer for the Ole Entertainment Blog. When she's not scoping out new music tracks or browsing Netflix for the next show to watch, she enjoys playing accordion with The Runestones, whipping up tasty drinks in The Cage and attending the occasional concert.  
Jessica is a senior at St. Olaf College majoring in English with concentrations in media studies and Middle Eastern studies. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing and editing news stories, and encouraging younger Oles to express their skills and talents through writing. She also is an editor for the school's student newspaper, The Manitou Messenger, and a writer for the college's marketing and communications office. In her (limited) free time, she enjoys eating pita and hummus from the Cage, curling up in a Buntrock window seat with a good book, and checking things off her senior bucket list.