Mm Ya Ya: Sex Horror Stories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner! I could talk about sexy costumes this week, but we all have read a few too many articles on that. So, this week I’m bringing you five sex HORRORS and how to handle them.

1. The Condom Breaks: If you are faithfully taking another form of birth control, do not worry! You should be covered. However, if you are not, or if you are currently on antibiotics, it’s time to talk. There are emergency contraceptives available that are both accessible and relatively affordable. However, it is important to think quickly, because it must be taken within 72 hours or as soon as possible.

2. Bleeding: Yes, we know about virgins and that kind of bleeding, but bleeding after sex is actually a relatively common thing for girls even after their first time having sex. Sex that is rough or occurs with too much friction is often the cause of this, but it is not the end of the world! Offer to wash the sheets and play it cool. Then, let your partner know that things might need to be more gentle or suggest trying lubricants next time.

3. Roommate Walk-Ins: Two words: so awkward. It has happened to many of us and will probably happen again as long as we keep sharing rooms. Just cover up, apologize to the roommate, and laugh it off. Perhaps devise a code, or just text them ahead of time to avoid the situation completely.

4. Whiskey Dick: Halloweekend is definitely a festive holiday and generally includes drinking. That being said, alcohol may be a confidence booster that increases arousal, but it does hinder performance. It is disappointing situation for you but remember that it is also disappointing for him! It happens, and it is not something to get upset over, and it is most definitely not a reflection on you! If this situation arises just fast-forward to cuddle time – isn’t that a great way to spend the night, too?

5. Calling Him the Wrong Name: Ouch! This is hard to recover from. However, it is not impossible. First of, apologize and playing it off jokingly.  It’s not the worst thing to happen, so don’t let it stop you guys from enjoying the rest of the night.