This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Ross Baker

Year of Graduation: 2016

Major/Concentration: Environmental Science

Relationship Status: Single

Favorite Movie: Shooter

Favorite Part About Fall: The changing color is a beautiful reminder of the coming cold. I love cold weather, if i could eliminate a season it would for sure be summer, anything over 70 is unpleasant.

Hobbies: Alpine ski Racing, Backpacking, Camping, Family, ceramics, and weekend projects

Favorite Place to Study: I like to study in a brightly lit place but most commonly either Thompson or Regents

If you were to be stranded on a desert island with a celebrity, which celebrity would you want to be stranded with and why?: I already live under a rock so I’m not well informed enough to make a decision, but probably my brother (peter 17) because we would mess stuff up, solve problems, get off the island, and have a great time doing it at the same time. 

Favorite Caf Creation: My favorite thing about the caf is when I enjoy a meal and think that I could have been eating in the caf instead.

Favorite Animal?: Big Dogs are my best friends. I plan to have two malamutes huskeys with in the next several years that will chase me when I ski. Blazer, the male, will have a blaze orange collar. Shadow, Female, will have a baby blue collar.

Favorite Pick-Up Line: I would say a bumbling series of sounds that I hope come across as charming ;)

Call or text?: Calling so so much more efficient and is becoming a lost art form.

Favorite class you’ve taken at St. Olaf?: Dendroclimatoligy (Using tree rings to understand past climatic patterns/ field work), and environmental law were my favorite classes, how ever they were taken while I was at Denver

Describe yourself in one word: Motion

What is your ideal date?: The perfect date would entail sitting under the stars eating a warm meal from my camping stove cuddled up in our sleeping bags on a cool evening in the mountain just out side my tent, after a beautiful day of hiking.

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when…she is her self, comfortable and humbly proud of themselves.

A guy looks his best when… he is not overtly confident, respectful, effiecent, and a good guy (AKA, Connor McCormick).

(Photos used with permission from Ross Baker)