This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Meet Lindsey Tucker! She is a veteran Ole who has probably scootered past you, stood next to you in the Sunday Brunch line, or made your drink at the Cage many a times.  Although I already knew this about her, this interview shows off how Lindsey is a champion of doing what SHE wants, only because she wants to. She doesn’t buy into social or academic pressures. She shrugs off societal obligations, (aside from her pair of white Converse). Generally, she lives her own truth and still succeeds! Learn something from her (and learn something about her) as you read through our short and sweet interview! Cheers! 

What is your major?

English with Media Studies and Women’s and Gender Studies concentrations

What are you involved in on campus? 

KSTO, SARN, The Runestones (aka the accordion club), and I work at the Cage. 

What is your favorite caf meal?

BUILD YOUR OWN BISCUIT BAR.  

So, you studied abroad last semester. Where did you go and for how long? 

Dublin, Ireland for Interim and Spring semester.

What were some of the highlights? 

Meeting and living with people from all over the world. Taking weekend trips to other parts of Europe. The Guinness. St. Patrick’s Day. 

What is the best thing you learned while studying abroad? 

How to make a meal other than grilled cheese. 

What are the pros and cons of being back on campus after a semester away? 

Pro- I have never loved the caf so much. It is literally a godsend. 

Con- I’ve already done more homework this past week than I did in my entire semester abroad.

Looking back as a senior, what advice would you give to your freshman self, or underclassmen Oles generally? 

Chill out and don’t be afraid to do stuff alone. 

What are your goals as you start your final year on the Hill? 

Just enjoying every day, and trying to not get caught up in the business of every day life.