This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Lauren Kalish

Year of graduation: 2014!

Major: Sociology and Anthropology, with Women’s Studies and Middle Eastern Studies concentrations

Relationship status: Fairly single.

Favorite place to study: I just discovered the new fourth floor of the library.

Favorite food: Sushi! Also anything lactose free

Favorite movies: Bridesmaids, Prime, Superbad, Up. I need to watch more movies apparently.

Hobbies: Traveling, speaking German, shamelessly trying to be more European, spending money, spending time with friends

What is your favorite part of a sheep to eat? [Lauren spent last fall studying abroad on St. Olaf’s Term in the Middle East, and ate many new types of food] Oh my gosh. Zero part. I don’t know if I will ever be able to eat sheep again after seeing one sacrificed in Morocco. My favorite part was definitely NOT the stomach…that’s for sure.

If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why? This is tricky. I would say an otter. They are so majestic and whenever they are swimming they just look like they’re having the best time. Also they have webbed feet.

In your opinion, where is the best place to be on a Friday night at Olaf? Honestly curled up on the couch with my friends watching a movie.

Would you say you embody a “YOLO” lifestyle? Haha, yes. Anyone who knows me would say that I say it often. Do I use it as an excuse to do extra crazy/illegal things? No, but I say it as a joke.

Describe yourself in one word: Empowered

Call or text? Texting first for sure, but calls are fun too.

What is your ideal date? Oh lord my ideal date? Going to a show of any sort, dinner, taking a walk. Regardless of where we are, thought-provoking and good conversation is key.

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… she’s feeling confident and sexy.

Finish this sentence: A guy looks his best when…. he smiles or laughs.

What do you want the ladies of St. Olaf to know? Either wear a thong or go commando when wearing leggings. No one on campus wants to see panty lines.

Jessica is a senior at St. Olaf College majoring in English with concentrations in media studies and Middle Eastern studies. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing and editing news stories, and encouraging younger Oles to express their skills and talents through writing. She also is an editor for the school's student newspaper, The Manitou Messenger, and a writer for the college's marketing and communications office. In her (limited) free time, she enjoys eating pita and hummus from the Cage, curling up in a Buntrock window seat with a good book, and checking things off her senior bucket list.