This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: John DeFrance
Year: Junior
Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle
Hometown: Eagan, MN
Birthday: June 14, 1990

Ladies, I know you might be hitting the beach to check out those hot boys for Spring Break, but don’t forget about our own cute Oles!

What do you love about Ole women?

“It seems like most the girls around here are genuinely nice. So that’s a plus. Makes things easier.” 

What did you want to be as a kid?

Age 4: Cowboy

Age 5: Astronaut

Age 6: Oceanographer – seriously. I wanted to study shipwrecks, like the Titanic.

Age 7-12: Actor

Age 12-14: Lawyer. That’s not happening.

Are you attracted to power?

“No, not really.” 

If you won a million dollars, what’s the first thing you would do?

“Invest it.”   

If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? 

“Spaghetti or Pizza. You pretty much can’t go wrong with those choices.”  

Where would you take a girl on a first date? How much would you be willing to spend?  

“Ooo that’s a tough one. Caf dates are pretty stereotypical, so I’d try to avoid that. For a legitimate first date, maybe something awesome like the zoo. Or maybe bowling. To eat, you can’t get too classy right away, so the Tavern would be a low-key first choice. Probably for a total of around 50 bucks – maybe more if things were going really well.”

Justin Bieber: 

“He’s has some skills, but definitely over-hyped. He’s no Katy Perry. Katy Perry is awesome.” 

Favorite kind of music/artist: 

“I like old stuff. The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elton John, Billy Joel, The Eagles. I’m not too picky.”

What is your favorite girl style? 

“Easy going, laid-back. Not crazy. And funny. So basically like a female Charlie Sheen.” 

Preferred cologne? 

“Sex Panther. Yeah, no I don’t wear cologne.” 

Favorite place on campus?

“Pod 024.’

Are you funny?

“Looking.” 

Craziest thing you’ve ever done? 

“I’m not very adventurous, so nothing too exciting.  I’ve had some ridiculous Halloween costumes in recent years – does that count?”

If you like a girl, how would you introduce yourself? 

“I’m not very assertive, so I’d probably just yell, ‘HEY, WHAT’S YOUR SIGN?’ from across the room.”

Best weekend activity?

“Staying up late, being with friends, and catching up on Photoshop tutorials online. I know it sounds geeky, but it’s totally not.” 

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.