Fram Fram to Fitness: Farewell and Fram Fram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

My dear readers and physically fit aspirants,

Due to an incredibly demanding semester, I have found that it is hard for me to put in the sufficient time, effort, and thought necessary to keep this blog engaging for all of you. Whether or not you found any of my advice useful, I have enjoyed being your weekly fitness blogger for the past year because it has encouraged me to learn so much about exercise and healthy eating.

Most importantly, this blog has kept me accountable. I mean, what kind of blogger would I be telling you that you should do all of these things and not even do them myself? I have gone from a girl who went to the gym every once in a while and barely even able to run one mile, to a girl who goes to the gym at least 5 days a week, 60 to 90 minutes or more at a time, logging in anywhere from 1.5 to 7 miles of running (I just ran 7 miles for the first time last week!!), and I’ve even dropped two (almost three?) pants sizes! In a way, this blog has been instrumental for me in making an important lifestyle change, and there’s no stopping now. 

If there’s anything I have learned from becoming a truly physically fit young adult that I may single out, it is this, my last piece of advice for you: Don’t make exercise a burden or something that you put at the end of your to-do list, doing it only if you have time. Make it an integral part of your life, because fitness should be as essential to your well-being as sleeping, eating, and brushing your teeth.

Once you make it part of your daily routine, you’re golden. You’ll learn to love it, and you’ll miss it on those days when you have to skip a day (I consider this analogous to missing a few hours of sleep at night). It’s never too late to make exercise a good habit, particularly with the holiday season upon us. Here’s a shout-out to my friend, Kelsi, as an example: she’d never gone to Tostrud in the past 2.5 years at St. Olaf until she went with me about a month ago, and now she goes almost every day! That can be you too. Make goals, figure out what works for you, and just do it!

Thank you to all of you for sticking with me this past year as I’ve babbled about anything from running, to shin splints, to dental hygiene. Your readership is a form of support that has meant a lot to me! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and fram fram to a fit and healthy life!

Emily

P.S. If you are interested in being my successor as the Her Campus St. Olaf “Fram Fram to Fitness” blogger, please contact either Lucy Casale (lucycasale@hercampus.com) or Bri Wilson (briannawilson@hercampus.com). 

Founder and executive editor of the St. Olaf chapter of Her Campus, Lucy Casale is a senior English major with women's studies and media studies concentrations at St. Olaf College. A current editorial intern at MSP Communications in Minneapolis, MN, Lucy has interned at WCCO-TV/CBS Minnesota, Marie Claire magazine, and two newspapers. Visit her digital portfolio: lucysdigitalportfolio.weebly.com