This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

The fall season means the hill is alive with vibrant colors, steaming apple cider and soft infinity scarves. As always, my semester is really busy with studying. But I try to make the most of the season by studying near a window with a mug of Ole roast coffee while listening to my favorite music. Here I have pulled out a few of my favorite songs that always remind me of fall:

“10,000 Weight in Gold” by The Head and the Heart

I think any song by this band is great for fall, but this is my favorite one. They have such a great sound that always makes me happy. 

“Take Care” by Beach House

My cousin makes me a fall playlist every year, and one featured this song, so I am always reminded of this season when I listen to it. 

“Holland Road” by Mumford and Sons

The banjo is such a fall sounding instrument, in my opinion.

“Sea of Love” by Cat Power

This song is from the movie Juno, which I watch every fall break. 10/10 would recommend!

“Dreams” by The Cranberries 

This song is from the movie You’ve Got Mail which I think is a perfect Sunday afternoon fall movie. When I listen to this song, I always picture wandering the streets of New York visiting small bookshops on the corner. 

“Sedom, South Georgia” by Iron and Wine

I just saw this band in concert over fall break and absolutely love them.

“Sweater Weather” by the Neighbourhood 

The title says it all!

“Autumn Leaves” by Ed Sheeran 

Can’t have fall without some Ed Sheeran, amirite?

I hope you enjoy and can add songs to a fall playlist of your own! Happy fall :)

Photo Sources

Iron and Wine

The Head and the Heart

Beach House

Mumford & Sons

Cat Power 

The Neighbourhood

Ed Sheeran