This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: David Watson
Birthday: 08/13/91
Relationship status: Single and ready to mingle
Year: First Year
Hometown: Elmhurst, Illinois (you’ve probably never heard of it but it’s 30 minutes west of downtown Chicago)

Major: “Right now I’m a classics major.”

Favorite holiday:  “Christmas, because all of my extended family comes together to celebrate.”

Best scent or perfume for girls: “Something natural; a little perfume can be an incredible turn on, but way too much can be just the opposite.”

A girl looks prettiest when… “She is telling you about something that really interests her.  Her face will just light up…”

Favorite pick-up line: “Pick-up lines are cheesy at best.  I usually just introduce myself and get to know the person.”

Hobbies: “I love listening to new music, staying up to date on where the music industry is going and opening myself up to news genres and bands.  I also love working in the ceramics studio.”

Fav food:  “I’m a meat and potatoes guy.”

Extra-curricular activities:  “Play trombone in the St. Olaf jazz band and first semester I was a DJ for KSTO.  I have moonlighted with the band Dirty Petrov and I recently joined a new band that hasn’t yet been named.”

What do you think the most interesting thing about yourself is? “I would do anything for anyone at anytime.”

Favorite place to study:  “The 3 ½ floor of the library.  It’s really quiet and easy to focus, which is good because when I study I want to focus and finish and then move on to other things.”

Blondes or brunettes:  “I suppose brunettes if I had to decide, but I’m really not picky.”

Guilty pleasure:  “Old black and white films…Vertigo, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, etc.”

Oceans or lakes:  “Lakes.  I’m not a fan of salt water honestly and I enjoy fishing when I go to a lake.”

Call or text:  “I usually text ’cause I don’t always have my phone and it’s easy to check the texts later.”

Dating deal breaker:  “It’s hard for me to maintain a relationship with someone who doesn’t compromise.  That’s what a relationship is supposed to be about.”

Biggest turn-offs: “Too much booze…”    

Turn on:  “I’m gonna be straightforward here…I’m an ass man.”

Ideal date:  “The ideal date could be anywhere and could be anything, but I would leave feeling like I know more about the other person and feeling like more of a connection was made.”

Describe yourself in one word: “Loyal.”

Most confusing thing about girls:  “How one moment they can be supremely happy with you and the next they can forget that happiness.”

Hottest outfit a girl can wear:  “I think it’s more about how they wear it.  I honestly believe that any outfit worn with confidence can look incredible.”

Three things he can’t live without:  “Friends, family, and music.”

What he wants Ole women to know:  “There are great guys out there that take time to get to know, but in most cases it’s worth the effort.”

Founder and executive editor of the St. Olaf chapter of Her Campus, Lucy Casale is a senior English major with women's studies and media studies concentrations at St. Olaf College. A current editorial intern at MSP Communications in Minneapolis, MN, Lucy has interned at WCCO-TV/CBS Minnesota, Marie Claire magazine, and two newspapers. Visit her digital portfolio: lucysdigitalportfolio.weebly.com