Cooking on Campus: Pumpkin Muffins!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

October is officially here, which means Halloween & Thanksgiving are right around the corner! The beginning of fall also means the beginning of fall treats involving pumpkin, apple cider, apples, and of course, more pumpkin.

Pumpkin is one of my favorite ingredients for making yummy fall treats, from pumpkin muffins to pumpkin pie. For this week’s recipe I wanted to incorporate pumpkin to make a simple and easy fall treat that is perfect for the dorms. So, one of my friends and I decided to make pumpkin muffins. They were so easy, and we were able to give them to some of our friends as a late night study snack.

All you need is: – 1 can of pumpkin – 1 box of yellow cake – 1 can of cream cheese frosting

To make pumpkin muffins:
1) Mixing the pumpkin puree and cake mix in a bowl until completely mixed

2) Fill cupcake tins with the pumpkin cake mixture.

3) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
4) Let cool, then frost with cream cheese frosting (insert picture where the cupcakes are all done)

-Enjoy!

Founder and executive editor of the St. Olaf chapter of Her Campus, Lucy Casale is a senior English major with women's studies and media studies concentrations at St. Olaf College. A current editorial intern at MSP Communications in Minneapolis, MN, Lucy has interned at WCCO-TV/CBS Minnesota, Marie Claire magazine, and two newspapers. Visit her digital portfolio: lucysdigitalportfolio.weebly.com