Cooking on Campus: Heavenly Brownies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

I have a serious love/hate relationship with this recipe. I love it because it combines chocolate chip cookie dough, Reeses peanut butter cups, and brownie mix. I hate it because it combines three of my most unhealthy obsessions in one irresistible bar. You start with a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough on the bottom, place Reeses peanut butter cups all across the middle layer, and then pour brownie batter on top. Sounds heavenly, right?

I made this recipe for my friend’s 21st birthday on Monday, and by Tuesday the whole pan was completely gone. Instead of putting Reeses in the middle of the chocolate chip cookie dough and the brownies you could also try Oreos instead of Reeses.

All you need is:

• Prepared package of chocolate chip cookie dough
  • About 16 Reeses peanut butter cups
  • Box of brownie mix
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Press chocolate cookie dough in the bottom of a baking pan.
  2. Place Reeses peanut butter cups on top of the cookie dough.
  3. Prepare brownie batter and pour on top of Reeses.
  4. Bake for around 40 minutes. You can add more time if you want the insides cooked completely. I cooked mine for around 40 minutes because I wanted the middle part to be gooey.
  5. Enjoy! 
Founder and executive editor of the St. Olaf chapter of Her Campus, Lucy Casale is a senior English major with women's studies and media studies concentrations at St. Olaf College. A current editorial intern at MSP Communications in Minneapolis, MN, Lucy has interned at WCCO-TV/CBS Minnesota, Marie Claire magazine, and two newspapers. Visit her digital portfolio: lucysdigitalportfolio.weebly.com