Cooking on Campus: Banana Pops

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Fruit and chocolate: a combination that can never go wrong. I love combining fruit and chocolate for a snack or desert…and I always convince myself that the fruit balances out the unhealthy chocolate!

I have seen recipes for banana pops many times over the years and finally decided to give them a try. I was not disappointed with the outcome. Not only are these super easy to make, they will last a couple days in your freezer so you can grab one for a snack during the week. Try experimenting with different toppings, like coconut, nuts, graham crackers, candy or sprinkles! 

All you need is:

• Bananas
  • Sticks (popsicle sticks work best)
  • Chocolate to melt (chocolate chips or almond bark)
  • Toppings of your choice

1. Cut the bananas in half, or smaller if you want and place in freezer for one hour.

2. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl

3. Hold bananas over bowl of chocolate and using a spoon, drip chocolate over the bananas until covered

4. Roll bananas in toppings

5. Return bananas to the freezer for at least 1 hour before serving

6. If you have time, dip marshmallows in the leftover chocolate for another simple treat

Enjoy!

Founder and executive editor of the St. Olaf chapter of Her Campus, Lucy Casale is a senior English major with women's studies and media studies concentrations at St. Olaf College. A current editorial intern at MSP Communications in Minneapolis, MN, Lucy has interned at WCCO-TV/CBS Minnesota, Marie Claire magazine, and two newspapers. Visit her digital portfolio: lucysdigitalportfolio.weebly.com