Campus Celeb: Sarah De Vries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Meet Sarah De Vries, Class of 2018

Major(s): Chemistry and Math

1. What do you like most about living in Mohn? Being surrounded by all of my friends and being able to come back after class and hangout with my awesome roommate. 

2. What has been your favorite class at St. Olaf and why? I really liked my first year writing because I had a great professor, Diana Postlethwaite. It was alot of fun because I liked the subject matter.

3. How are you involved in campus? I play the violin and I am in the Philharmonia Orchestra. I am also in APO and volunteer at the Northfield hospital, and am a part of Women In Business (new this year!)

4. Tell me more about the club you created, WIB: WIB is a club that my classmates and I created. We plan to bring in speakers to campus and work with the Piper Center to put on career development workshops for our club members. We felt that St. Olaf was missing an extracurricular that focused on women entering the business world, we wanted to create something that brought these interests together.

5. Why do you choose St. Olaf? I chose St. Olaf because I thought it was a really good school that was close to home. I had alot of personal connections to people who have gone here and loved their experience. 

6. Where’s your favorite place to study? Regents.

7. Do you have any advice you would give to the new freshmen? Put yourself out there and try something new.

8. What did you do this summer? I took Organic Chemistry at St. Olaf.

9. Who is your celebrity crush? Taylor Swift and Scott Eastwood. I love them both!

10. What are you most excited about for this upcoming year? I am really excited to go to Australia and New Zealand for Interim!