This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

I don’t know about all of you, but I have a stockpile of old, cracked, and passé make-up that I no longer use.  Here are some ways to recycle and reuse your old make-up.

Old Lipstick – We all have that lipstick that is too bright, too dark, or too dry. Here is a way to create something new and beautiful. To create your own tinted lip balm, find these things: petroleum jelly, lipstick, and a small container like a mint tin. Take a spoonful of the petroleum jelly and place it in a microwavable bowl. Heat for 30 seconds. After it has cooled a bit, cut a piece of the lipstick and place it in the same bowl. Next, mix the two together well, and place mixture in the small container. Refrigerate for a few hours. There you have it: your own recycled lip balm! If you are feeling creative mix colors to create your own personalized color!

Old Eye Shadow- Do you have those old eye shadows that are old, cracked, or just plain awful in color? Here is a fun way to make a better use of them.  Here is what you need: eye shadow, clear nail polish, and a plastic bag. Take the eye shadow and crush it up in a plastic bag. Then, open the clear nail polish. Cut a tiny bit of the corner off of the bag and empty the shadow into the polish. Stir with a toothpick. Replace the lid, shake, and enjoy!

Cracked Powders – You know that moment of despair: when opening your make-up bag, your favorite bronzer falls, hits the ground, and shatters. Never fear! There is a way to get it back to new. Take about three to five drops of rubbing alcohol, and add them to the container. Then, press down with a spoon. Good as new!

Old Nail Polish – I absolutely hate it when I have a perfectly full bottle of nail polish and it starts to dry out. Luckily, there is a counterintuitive way to revive the lacquer. Add a few drops of nail polish remover to the polish; the acetone will make the polish liquid again. 

Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.