Style

Winter Fashion Trends Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Written by Jessica Bourcy (’23)

As Winter brings us well into the second month of 2021, many of us are probably ready for some new cold-weather pieces. With so many new Winter trends, it is time to rotate that matching tie-dye sweatsuit for something even more fun. Check out the latest trends that will complement your style perfectly according to your zodiac sign.

Aries (March 12 – April 19) : The Leather Look

woman standing in street
Photo by Juan Ordonez from Unsplash

Aries love to be number one and stand out in a crowded room, so it comes as no surprise that these audacious rams are the first sign of the zodiac. Their dynamic and strong personalities would pair perfectly with a leather jacket or pair of pants.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20): Bohemian Chic

woman in white sweater and beige skirt in field
Photo by Flora Westbrook from Pexels

Taurus is an earth sign represented by the bull. Like their celestial spirit animal, Taureans enjoy relaxing in serene environments. Much like their down-to-earth personalities, Taureans’ fashion forecast for winter is rooted in bohemian prints. 

Gemini (May 21 – June 20): Statement Coats

woman wearing suit and button up fall fashion
Photo by Jeys Tubianosa from Pexels

Geminis not only are fashion risk-takers, they are also slightly indecisive. From trench coats, to fur trimmed jackets and everything in between, there is so much to choose from to switch up your style with some statement coats.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22): All About Ruffles

Faneuil hall marketplace in Boston
Photo by Alex Iby from Unsplash

Represented by the crab, this crustacean represents Cancers’ ability to exist in both emotional and material realms simultaneously. Always poised and sophisticated, Cancers are typically the ones who always show up to the party overdressed. They definitely have a flair about them, which pair perfectly with frills and ruffles.

Leo (July 23 – August 22): Silver sequins and beading

Much like the lion which represents them, Leos are kings and queens who are delighted to embrace their royal status. Vivacious, theatrical, and passionate, Leos love to bask in the spotlight and celebrate themselves. Leo, you love anything with a bit of luxury and of course anything that will make a few jaws drop when you enter the room. Their vivacious and passionate personalities pair perfectly with anything that has sparkles and a little bling. Sequin accessories are a must for you this Winter, Leos.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22): Mini Check

Virgo is an earth sign that is a deep-rooted presence in the material world. Virgos are logical, practical, and systematic in their approach to life. The perfectionist of the zodiac signs needs a style as structured and sophisticated as they are. While being both preppy and professional, the mini check pattern takes working from home to the next level.

Libra (September 23 – October 22) : Corsets Corsets Corsets

Libra is obsessed with symmetry and strives to create equilibrium in all areas of life. If there was one sign that could turn a timeless piece into a renewed and exciting trend, it would be Libra. Whether it is structured and sexy with classic laces and boning or an eco-friendly up-cycled version, Libras will appreciate this feminine yet powerful trend. 

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): Lingerie Exposed

Because of their incredible passion and power, Scorpios are often mistaken for fire signs. In fact, Scorpio is a water sign that derives its strength from the psychic, emotional realm. Fiery and just a tad provocative, Scorpios are all about being classy and sexy. While the undressed look is by no means new, it is all about the desire to reveal the unknown. 

Sagittarius (November 22- December 21): Velvet upon Velvet

Asos

Represented by the archer, Sagittarians are always on a quest for knowledge. The last fire sign of the zodiac, Sagittarius launches its many pursuits like blazing arrows, chasing after geographical, intellectual, and spiritual adventures. This classic winter trend is anything but basic. Sagittarius, we know you are always one to break out of the conventions of everyday life and your fashion choices are no different. Throw on a fun colored velvet blazer over your favorite graphic t-shirt, or opt for a dress.

Capricorn (December 22- January 19): Chic Sweater Vests

Capricorns are skilled at navigating both the material and emotional realms. Despite its questionable reputation, the sweater vest is getting an upgrade this winter and if there is one sign that can pull off the look, it is Capricorn. Like Virgo, they value function and wearability when it comes to their fashion, making the sweater vest a no-brainer.

Aquarius (January 20- February 18): Bodycon

Aquarius, you are both individualistic and creative. Your personal style is one that allows you to be your most genuine self and what is better for that than a bodycon dress? This season’s bodycon  have transitioned into maxi or midi length dresses that hug your curves, but don’t squeeze you in. 

Pisces (February 19- March 20): Fun Fringe

As the final sign, Pisces has absorbed every lesson learned by all of the other signs. Pisces’ attention is constantly divided between reality and fantasy. Fringe allows for a mix of fun fabrics and colors.

We are Her Campus St. Law U.