Bumble SubHero College?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Bumble SubHero College?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

St. Law U Sunday: Meet Catherine Weeks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Her Campus at St. Law U is so excited to bring to you St. Law U Sundays where we get to introduce our team members to you!

Name: Catherine Weeks

Year: 2020

Hometown: Greencastle, Indiana

Majors/Minors/Fields of Interest? Why?:

Interested in majoring in global studies because of the intersectionality of the field. And environmental studies and a minor because climate change is a pressing issue that’ll impact our futures.  

Horoscope Sign: Leo

Favorite Television Show (and why?):

Grey’s Anatomy! I watched it for the first time when I was starting high school so anytime I rewatch episodes it makes me happy. Also McDreamy. 

What sports team(s) do you cheer for? Why?:

US Women’s National soccer team because girl-power also the Pacers as an obligation of Hoosier pride.

What is your dream job? Why?:

Being a representative in any form, whether that be working in politics or as a lawyer. Working within an organization that promotes anti-racism, equality, and environmentally friendly ideas would be great. 

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?:

Traveling to Amsterdam in the fall looks perfect, all the cozy vibes. 

What social movement(s) are you most passionate about, and why?:

Women’s reproductive rights, LGBTQ+, and BLM are important social movements to me because I believe they impact everyone. Having the rights to choose what happens to your body is so important, it doesn’t make sense that a room full of men can decide legislation that affects women’s reproductive rights. I strive to be an LGBTQ+ ally in my everyday actions and hope for a future where people are able to love whomever they want without judgment. BLM is a monumental movement that showcases the dramatic systematic reform that needs to occur within our society so the Black community can live their lives free of racial discrimination and oppression.

Why did you choose to attend St. Lawrence?:

I wanted to move out of Indiana and begin my own, individual life. SLU fits all of my requirements, as the campus and student population isn’t too big, the academic opportunities are exciting, and the surrounding North Country is beautiful. 

Favorite On-Campus Meal (indicate dining place)? Why?:

The breakfast at Dana is always good. The Tornado roles and French Toast sticks specifically.

Favorite Off-Campus Restaurant/Eatery (and why?):

Jake’s On the Water is a super nice restaurant with good food and an even better view.

What is on your must-have college packing list as a Laurentian/as a St. Lawrence student? Why?:

Brita filter, sweaters, or a good jacket, umbrella, and a fan. Especially with the COVID-19 restrictions, having a Brita filter allows you to guarantee that you’re staying hydrated. Sweaters and a good jacket come in handy because the weather changes so much and its always good to bundle up. Umbrella because it rains a lot. Fan if your residence building doesn’t have AC.

Where is your favorite place to study on campus? Why?:

The Student Center 3rd Floor because the giant windows and comfy chairs make the space bright and calming.

What is on your St. Lawrence bucket list (to-do before you graduate)? Why/who gave you this idea?:

Go hiking on all of the best trails and be a THELMO senator all 4 years. All of the hiking pictures make me really excited and THELMO because it’s a good leadership opportunity. 

Why did you join Her Campus at St. Law U? What are you looking forward to with HC St. Law U?: To better my writing skills and connections on campus. I’m looking forward to making more friends within the club and going to more organized events, plus the pink graduation tassel. 

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?:

Reading, hiking, and spending time with friends.

Anything else you want me to include?:

I love Harry Styles lol

Be sure to check out Catherine’s articles here!

Be sure to check out our social media platforms here!

Hello! I'm Catherine Weeks! I'm a member of HC St Law U, class of 2024. I'm planning on focussing my studies in the social science department, possibly majoring in Global Studies and minoring in Environmental Studies. I hope to work in politics, specifically human relations. In my free time I enjoy spending time with friends, traveling, reading, and eating good food.
Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.