Bumble SubHero College?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Bumble SubHero College?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

St. Law U Sunday: Meet Allie Attarian

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Her Campus at St. Law U is so excited to bring to you St. Law U Sundays where we get to introduce our team members to you!

Name: Allison Attarian

Year: 2021

Hometown: Andover, MA

Majors/Minors/Fields of Interest? Why?:

I am a psychology major because I thought I wanted to be a psychologist. I am a Communications minor because I realized I wanted to be in the public relations/communications/marketing fields a little too late to complete the requirements for becoming a PCA major.

Horoscope Sign (for fun content): Scorpio

Favorite Television Show (and why?):

Schitt’s Creek or Friends! I love watching them for positive vibes and good laughs! I am so excited to start watching Season 6 of Schitt’s Creek which was just released on Netflix!!!! My mom and I binge-watched it together this past summer during the Q! 

What sports team(s) do you cheer for? Why?

I am from Boston, so I am a supporter to Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, and St. Lawrence Saints fan!!! 

What is your dream job? Why?

I recently received my Marketing certificate through UVM and am interested in doing something with my marketing certificate; but, I am also interested in graphic design, public relations, and the like. I am thinking that my Psychology major will help me in whatever fields I explore/end up in.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?

Assuming that COVID-19 wasn’t a thing, I would be interested in traveling to Italy (Amalfi Coast, Cinque Terra, Naples, back to Venice and Tuscany), Greece (Athens and Santorini), back to Denmark (I spent my Junior Fall semester there in 2019), and Salzburg, Austria (because I love The Sound of Music!)

What social movement(s) are you most passionate about, and why?

There are so many social movements that I am passionate about. I am passionate about the Black Lives Matter movement, Women Empowerment (hence why I am proud to be the President/Campus Correspondent/CC Intern at St. Law U), climate change, and racial equality, movements relating to LGBTQ+ receiving equal rights, and so much more! If you know me on Instagram, you know that I am an avid story user for sharing resources relating to all of these social movements.

Why did you choose to attend St. Lawrence?

I attend St. Lawrence University because I felt a personal connection through family and some high school classmates! I also love the Adirondacks, though I’ve only been a few times to the actual Adirondack Mountains (definitely want to change that if we’re allowed to go to campus in the Spring 2021 semester!)

Favorite On-Campus Meal (indicate dining place)? Why?

I honestly love breakfast for dinner at Dana! So delicious! The Pub makes superior quesadillas and appropriately-named Pub Cookies, though!

Favorite Off-Campus Restaurant/Eatery (and why?)

I love Mama Lucias! It’s not cheap, but it’s delicious food! You also can’t go wrong with The Bagelry just down the street from campus! I (clearly) am bad at making decisions because I love supporting Mom-n-Pop Shoppes, and love Josie’s Pizzeria (the owners are SO nice and the pizza is DELICIOUS) or Cantina because I love Mexican (American) food.

What is on your must-have college packing list as a Laurentian/as a St. Lawrence student? Why?

Besides a mask to prevent more of a spread of COVID-19, a must-have for St. Lawrence students is a heavy jacket! Not just for walking across campus in the middle of winter, but also to keep you warm when socializing (safely) with friends at night!

Where is your favorite place to study on campus? Why?

My favorite place to study on campus is probably ODY! I like the basement cubicles or the Yellow Room where you have to be super quiet! You also can’t go wrong with the study rooms on the third floor (near the Tree Cubicles)!

What is on your St. Lawrence bucket list (to-do before you graduate)? Why/who gave you this idea?

Something on my St. Lawrence bucket list is to go kayaking or hiking with the OC! I am really hoping the Spring 2021 semester pulls through for this to happen!

Why did you join Her Campus at St. Law U? What are you looking forward to with HC St. Law U?

I joined because Colby Hoffman (’20) was the Campus Correspondent my freshman year (Spring semester) and she was introduced to me by my dad (our dads graduated from SLU) and I really enjoyed the concept of writing articles and getting some published work on my own portfolio!

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

I have been learning how to use Pro Create and Adobe Illustrator and will take every chance that I have to learn those applications/programs better! I love listening to podcasts (We Bought a House by Claudia Sulewski and Finneas, who is Billie Eilish’s brother is a BIG FAVORITE of mine!).

Anything else you want to include?

I am so proud of Her Campus at St. Law U for growing so much this semester and am so excited for what the rest of our semester brings! HCXO!

Be sure to check out Allie’s articles here

Be sure to check out our social media platforms! https://linktr.ee/hcstlawu

Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.