Reactions On Captain Marvel Trailer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

September 18 was a long-awaited day of long-time Marvel fans. These fans (myself included) were given something they had been asking for for months.

The Captain Marvel teaser finally dropped!

SPOILER WARNING FOR THOSE WHO STILL HAVE NOT SEEN INFINITY WAR (but seriously, why haven’t you yet?).

Ever since the guy-wrenching ending of Infinity War and that jaw-dropping post-credits scene (you know the one), fans have been clamoring for every piece of evidence that could somehow pertain to the next Marvel movie.

Giphy

FX

Today on Good Morning America, their prayers were finally answered. A teaser trailer, around 2 minutes long, aired on national television, and it did not disappoint. Captain Marvel is the next film in the Marvel lineup, and Brie Larson fits the role of Carol Danvers like a glove. This is the first Marvel movie with a woman leading the way (Ant-Man and the Wasp (released July 6) counts partially, but Ant-Man had most of the spotlight in the summer film).

As the film is set in the 90’s fans felt a bit of nostalgia, as within the first 15 seconds, Brie crashes through a Blockbuster, which unfortunately have long since vanished. We’re treated to stunning visuals, Samuel Jackson yet again reprising his role as Nick Fury, but much younger and without his customary eyepatch. We also see a quick glimpse of a young Phil Coulson, and even Jude Law, whose role is still shrouded with mystery.

BrutishMadex‏ @BrutishMadex

Marvel StudiosYouTube

Intellectual Duck Web  ?‏ @pixelkitties

Álvaro Dixon‏ @alegrotix

Although the film is set to release March 8, 2019, fans are hoping that this film will answer some questions into how Carol will fit into this universe, and what role she will play in the still untitled Avengers 4.

Fans are freaking out left and right, so excited to finally see this badass woman coming to the big screen.

Although nothing is entirely clear, one thing is certain–Thanos will have his work cut out for him.

Marvel Studios (@MarvelStudios)

Hannah Lobdell

St. Law U '22

I love attending St. Lawrence University! I am interested in reading, movies, video games, and music. I also LOVE to watch and play ice hockey. I also play rugby!