Studying?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Studying?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Podcasts are a great way to take a break from the typical social media platforms (i.e., Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube) while still feeling as though you’re being included in a social setting.

There is a variety of topics that podcasts can cover: health, education, politics, comedy, books, meditation & mindfulness, and so much more! I love to listen to podcasts when driving or even just doing household chores (folding laundry, getting ready in the morning, cleaning my room, etc.).

Regardless of when you listen and what tasks you are (or aren’t) accomplishing while doing so, here are a few of my favorites.

The Daily by The New York Times.

It is very important to stay up to date on what is happening around the world, but who said catching up on today’s news means reading long articles?

Don’t Blame Me by Meghan Rienks

I mentioned her in a previous article about inspiring social media influencers. Her podcast is an interactive podcast for her listeners. Her listeners come from around the world and call the podcast’s voicemail seeking help and advice from Meghan, and, her manager Me and, there is always a special guest to accompany them. The title of her podcast is quite a disclaimer; she even says at the end “Thank you for listening and until next time!…. Don’t blame me if your life [changes] before then.” She provides hilarious, unsolicited, yet genuine advice. At the end of each episode, there is an extra voicemail that is a caller from a previous episode (to whom Meghan gave advice) providing an update on their situation and expressing their reaction to Meghan’s advice, or from someone who has advice to a situation mentioned in a previous episode. This podcast is definitely binge-worthy.

Gals on the Go by Danielle Marie Carolan and Brooke Miccio

These two Southern girls are fairly new to the Podcast game as well; however, I am quite impressed by their work ethic as they are full time students at the University of Georgia. Brooke (brunette) is a senior while Danielle (blonde/brunette) is a sophomore. They both host their own YouTube channels where they take their followers along to workout classes, meet-ups, shopping trips, Greek events, and school games, a favorite of theirs being football games. Their bubbly personalities are just as strong in their podcast as in their videos and their topics of discussion range from school time management, workout tips, job searching, and self-care.

The Health Code by Sarah’s Day and her Husband.

These two Aussie’s have no published a Podcast lately because Sarah (“Sezzie”) and her husband are expecting a baby soon; however, their podcast provides wonderful tips on living a healthier lifestyle while reminding listeners that every body’s “healthy lifestyle” is different. I am a huge fan of this podcast because they provide a “Code” at the end of every Podcast; they even recommend getting a small, unused notebook to write their tips down to refer back to in the future. They are also YouTubers; Sarah runs a video blog (“vlog”) known as Sarah’s Day where she shares food ideas, fitness ideas, workout gear, and promotes her own line of healthy snacks; meanwhile, her husband publishes videos that are more about photography and traveling.

These podcasts are available on iTunes and Spotify!

Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.