timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

New Year’s Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

It’s the holiday season, which means that New Years is just around the corner! Every year, I promise myself I will make New Year’s resolutions that I will actually follow through with, but I usually end up cheating myself. If you need some inspiration about what you’d like to improve this coming year, I will share a few of my resolutions that I am going to do my best to accomplish!

1) STOP BITING MY NAILS!!!!

Ever since I was very little, I have always struggled with biting my nails. I used to tear my fingers a part just about every day, but now I just do it to relieve stress (I know – not healthy). I often cause my hands to bleed and sting because of this terrible habit, so I am really hoping to break it in 2019. In order to do so, I am planning on always having my nails painted to persuade myself not to destroy their beauty. This may sound like a dumb New Years resolution, but I will be so incredibly proud of myself if I actually follow through with it!

2) Stop cracking my knuckles

Just writing this prompted me to crack my thumbs – I’m pathetic! This is a disgusting habit that I started doing sometime in middle school. I go through spurts of cracking my knuckles, but I am really determined to thwart it this year. My mom always yells at me when she hears the pitch of of my fingers crack, which I am also trying to avoid (I know she means well, but it is just so annoying!). 2019 will definitely be the year that I finally stop cracking my knuckles!

3) Stop swearing

Up until my senior year of high school, my friends would often tease me because I never swore. I was raised in a family where swearing was seriously prohibited, and because I am the youngest, this rule applied heavily to me. However, ever since I came to college, I have noticed that my swearing has gotten progressively worse. I would never swear in an inappropriate or formal setting, but my mouth often slips when I am among my friends. This is not an attractive habit and I am really hoping that I can work on it in this coming year. 

Although these resolutions may sound silly, they will 100% benefit my life! There are probably a bunch of other things I could attempt to fix, but I am choosing to start simple. So, don’t be afraid to make your New Year’s resolution something that may sound stupid to someone else. Chose to work on anything that is going to improve your 2019! Make this your year! Happy New Years everyone! xoxo

Charlotte Barry

St. Law U '21

Hi! My name is Charlotte Barry and I am a member of the SLU Her Campus chapter!