This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

If you’re like me, ads and promotions on Instagram or Tik Tok usually get the best of you. Walking into an Ulta or the beauty section at a Target is the ultimate test and browsing online never ends well. You’ve probably heard of most of these products, but the real question is: are they worth it?

The Ordinary – Worth It!

I recently purchased three products from The Ordinary that I now use in my daily or weekly routine. The AHA/BHA Peeling Solution left my skin SO soft and my complexion seemed clearer as soon as I took it off. It burned a little when I put it on and was minimally messy, but so worth it. It’s only recommended to be used 1-2 times a week because of its acidity- it’s so hard not to do it more often because I love it so much!

The Ascorbic Acid/ Alpha Arbutin has basically taken over my skincare routine- I use it every day and night and don’t have to pair it with a moisturizer. It’s so smooth and a little goes a long way.

The Caffeine Solution was the last product I got from The Ordinary. It goes around your eyes to reduce puffiness and dark circles. My eyes definitely are less puffy these days- I can feel it tightening after I put it on which is a weird feeling but makes me confident that it’s working.

CeraVe – Worth It!

I use the Foaming Facial Cleanser at night and in the morning. Some people have had amazing results with clearing acne. While that’s not the case for me, I still think it does a really good job at cleansing my skin and getting all of the makeup, oil, and daily grime off.

The Daily Moisturizing Lotion is my absolute favorite facial moisturizer I have ever used. It is not oily at all and doesn’t leave my skin feeling like there is stuff on it. A little goes a long way so the bottle lasts forever; I have had mine for almost two months now and it’s about halfway gone.

Kristen Ess at Target – Somewhat Worth It!

I use The One Signature Shampoo and Conditioner. First of all, it’s $10.00 for each 10oz bottle, which is a little more on the expensive side. However, the recommended tin amount per use does suffice so it lasts a while. It does leave my hair super smooth but I didn’t notice any other differences while I used it over the summer. Bonus points for it smelling sooo good!

KOPARI Aluminum-Free Deodorant – Somewhat Worth It.

This product is worth it, but it depends on the person using it.

I’ve been using this product since January and I, personally, love it. I love that it is made with coconut oil and has no aluminum so it is naturally based and non-toxic. However, if you struggle with sweating or odor, I’m not sure how well it would hold up against traditional deodorants. I get the beach scent and apply about 2 times a day, and it goes on clear, stays on well, and smells amazing.

b.tan Self-Tan Mousse – Not Worth It.

Obviously a natural suntan is absolutely the best option, but in Canton, that isn’t an option for most of the year. I’ve used b.tan for a year now. I love how tan my body looks after I use it- it looks really natural as long as you don’t overdo it. However, I hate putting it on my face. It clogs pores really badly, leaving black dots all over. It’s also really hard to apply evenly because the skin on my face soaks it up so fast. It’s one of the only few options to look bronze during Canton winters, so I take the consequences because after a day or two it evens out.

Flamingo Women’s 5-Blade Razor – Worth It!

This product is amazing, and is my favorite product!

I LOVE a close shave – the feeling of soft legs is the most satisfying thing to me. Most razors, however, only provide you with this feeling for a mere few hours. For whatever reason, too, many men’s razors seem to do the job better than the women’s options. The Flamingo razor is so good at getting close to the skin and leaving your skin, wherever it may be, so soft and smooth. It is not expensive compared to other options, it comes in the cutest colors, and comes with a suction shower holder!

I use all of these products regularly. They’re my favorites that I have come across and, while there are pros and cons to all of them, I will continue to use them. They all are fairly priced and work well for me, but not everything works the same for every single person. All of the brands listed have so many different products, as well, so there are plenty of opportunities to find what works for you. I’ve used multiple products from each brand and have had good experiences with them all; the brands as a whole are so fun and really good quality. I definitely recommend at least trying all of these products! 

Disclaimer: HC at St. Law U is neither sponsored nor affiliated with any brands or companies in this article.

Emma Zupan

St. Law U '22

Hi, my name is Emma and I'm a member of HC St. Law U. I am a biology major and declaring a chemistry minor this fall. I want to be a veterinarian, so I love animals and spending time with my cat and two dogs! Outside of academics, I also enjoy watching Netflix and Hulu, hanging out with my friends and my mom, traveling, listening to music, and staying active.
Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.