5 Things We Learned about Celebrating Easter in College 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

On college campuses, holidays that were so exciting during our childhoods are often forgotten. As final papers and tests are approaching quickly, Easter is often forgotten. Although Easter at college is certainly different than Easter at home, there are still ways to celebrate at school. Here are a few tips as to how you can celebrate Easter next year!  

1. Go out to Brunch

Grab a group of friends, dress up, and go out for brunch! Canton has so many different restaurants that serve an awesome Easter brunch. Jake’s on the Water, Cascade Inn, Foxy Roxy’s, and the University Inn all offer great brunches. Make sure to call ahead to make a reservation!

2. Go to Church

There are several church services offered at St. Lawrence and throughout the greater community for those looking to attend. The Gunnison Chapel at SLU offers an annual service, but there are also several local churches that encourage students to attend their mass.

3. Buy Chocolate Chocolate makes everything better! Celebrate Easter by treating yourself to some limited edition treats. Make sure to stop up on Peeps, Cadbury Eggs, and other delicacies that you can only buy around Easter time! It’ll almost be like having an Easter basket.

4. Enjoy the Weather

Easter means the start of spring! Flowers are starting to bloom and the temperature is starting to rise, it’s time to start spending some time outside! Enjoy your Easter by spending some time outside with your friends.

5. Call your family

It can be hard to be away from your family, especially on a holiday. You may be upset about missing out on Easter traditions at home, but that can easily be remedied by calling home.