5 Reasons Why You Need to Try This Women’s-Produced Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Happy Earth Day everyone! I hope you are taking the time to sit down, relax, and reflect on how great our earth is… with a sustainable cup of coffee of course! Not only should you choose organic coffee for your own good, but also for the earth too!  What if I told you there is an organic coffee that is all women’s produced AND gives back to sustainability initiatives for our earth… seems too good to be true right? Well, think again. 

Jim’s Organic Coffee is currently producing a limited edition coffee that is 100% Women Produced at the origin. The coffee is a light roast called PERU Amazonas APROCCURMA. Here are three reasons why you need to try this all women’s produced coffee this earth day:

This Coffee is ALL Women’s-Produced.

(Just stating the obvious!) This coffee comes from APROCCURMA, which stands for the Asociacion de Productores Cafetaleros de la Cuenca del Rio Marañon. The Jim’s Organic Coffee website provides a description of this Co-op:

“Co-op was formed in 2012 to give small growers the opportunity to bring their coffee to market and improve their livelihoods. Every effort related to this coffee, from farm maintenance to harvesting and processing, was performed by women producers. The farms are located in the mountainous province of Rodríguez de Mendoza in Amazonas, a region known for the fertility of its soils and temperate climate.”

Its Support for a Peruvian Sustainability Initiative.

This coffee donating 10% of the coffee’s sales to a sustainability initiative in Peru.

Here is their statement about where the donations are going to, too:

“This project is in partnership with Jim’s Organic Coffee Trainer/Technician Christelle Debeuf, as a final step in her Specialty Coffee Association (SCA) Sustainability Certification. Peru’s sustainability projects include developing backyard gardens for food security and promoting trout fishing & production as a year-round source of additional income for coffee-growing families. Thank you for your support of this project!”

It’s Organic.

All of Jim’s coffees are certified organic by the USDA and Oregon Tilth, meaning that they are all non-GMO and produced without synthetic pesticides and fertilizers. 

*If you want to learn more about the benefits of organic coffee, everything is on their website!

It Tastes Great!

I am personally a dark roast girl, but I make an exception to this coffee! The light roast of this coffee brings out the flavor. The flavor notes on the website are “stone fruit, honeysuckle, and sugar cane.”

Its Support for American Nurses Association!

If you order this coffee by May 12th, 5% of that purchase will go towards Nurses on the front line!

5% of any purchase on their website until May 12th will go towards the American Nurses Association.

If you want to celebrate earth day with a great cup of sustainable, all women’s produced, organic coffee you can order online through their website. Let us know what you are doing for earth day and if you give this coffee a try!

Disclaimer: Her Campus St. Law U is neither sponsored by nor affiliated with any brands or companies mentioned in this article.

I am a sophomore from Massachusetts majoring in Communications
Allison ("Allie") Attarian studied Psychology and Communications at St. Lawrence University where she was a Campus Correspondent for HC St. Law U. Allie was also a Campus Community Management Intern for the Community Team at Her Campus Media. Her combined passion for creativity, reading, and writing sparked her interest in joining Her Campus. She loves traveling, listening to music, creating visual art, and spending time with friends. Check out her personal blog here.