The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

As the temperature begins to rise and the days grow longer, summer beckons with promises of adventure, relaxation and new experiences. Whether you’re a student enjoying a break from classes, a working professional seeking respite from the daily grind or a parent looking to create lasting memories with your family, summer presents a wealth of opportunities for everyone. However, without proper planning, this precious season can slip away all too quickly. Here’s your guide to crafting the perfect summer plan to ensure you make the most of every sun-soaked moment.

Set Your Goals: Before diving into the myriad of activities available during the summer months, take some time to reflect on what you hope to achieve. Are you seeking personal growth, relaxation, adventure or a combination of these? Setting clear goals will help you prioritize your time and resources effectively.

Create a Bucket List: Once you’ve identified your goals, brainstorm a list of activities and experiences you’d like to enjoy over the summer. Whether it’s exploring a new hiking trail, learning a new skill or simply spending quality time with loved ones, jot down everything that sparks your interest. This bucket list will serve as your roadmap for the season ahead.

Budget Wisely: While summer offers countless opportunities for fun, many activities come with a price tag. Take stock of your finances and create a budget that aligns with your goals and priorities. Be sure to allocate funds for essentials like transportation, accommodation and meals, as well as discretionary spending for entertainment and leisure activities.

Plan Your Getaways: Whether you’re dreaming of a tropical beach vacation, a cross-country road trip or a weekend getaway to a nearby city, now is the time to start planning. Research destinations, compare prices and book accommodations well in advance to secure the best deals. Consider factors such as weather, crowds and local events when selecting your travel dates.

Embrace the Outdoors: Summer is the perfect time to reconnect with nature and enjoy outdoor activities. From picnics in the park to camping under the stars, there’s no shortage of ways to soak up the sun and fresh air. Explore nearby hiking trails, go for a bike ride or simply spend a lazy afternoon lounging in a hammock. Don’t forget to stay hydrated and protect yourself from the sun’s rays with sunscreen and appropriate clothing.

Pursue Personal Growth: Use the slower pace of summer to invest in yourself and pursue activities that nurture your mind, body and soul. Take up a new hobby, enroll in a cooking class or finally start that passion project you’ve been putting off. Set aside time for self-reflection, journaling or meditation to recharge and gain clarity on your goals and aspirations.

Stay Flexible: While it’s essential to have a plan in place, remember that some of the best summer memories are made spontaneously. Leave room in your schedule for serendipitous adventures, impromptu gatherings and last-minute opportunities that may arise. Be open to new experiences and embrace the unexpected twists and turns that make summer truly unforgettable.

From securing employment and internships to embarking on exciting adventures, summer presents a plethora of opportunities for personal and professional growth. Whether you’re embarking on a grand adventure or simply savoring the simple joys of the season, take time to plan ahead and make the most out of your summer break. So go ahead, seize the day, and make this summer your best one yet!

Kiara Mapp

St. John's '25

Kiara Mapp, a native of Queens, New York, is a dynamic 22-year-old with a passion for literature and writing. With a relentless pursuit of academic excellence and a fervent love for the written word, Kiara continues her studies as a Master of Arts student at St. John's University, majoring in English. As she withholds a distinctive voice and a knack for storytelling, Kiara offers a fresh perspective on issues relevant to the university experience, capturing the attention and admiration of her peers.