This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Spring is finally here and it is time to store away those dark neutrals you have been wearing all winter and start rocking these new fashion pieces. Here on the East coast, “April Showers” are most definitely a thing, so here are a few spring essentials that are compatible with New York weather that you should grab to be comfortable and still look chic!

A khaki double-breasted trench coach is the perfect for a night out with girls or paired with jeans for classes on those rainy days. Model above is wearing a Calvin Klein trench for $158. Places such as Forever 21 and H&M have a similar style for less.

Distressed jeans are more fun than plain old denim jeans, it looks best paired with Nikes for a casual look or with booties for a brunch out with friends. The jeans above are $98 from Nordstrom.

Stripes are a major trend this spring for its classy nautical look. It’s so simple, yet can go a long way paired with a party skirt or denim jeans. The model above is wearing an Urban Outfitter’s v-neck striped shirt for $34.

Converse are the best for running around all day at school! This off white color is perfect and can match with anything. You can buy either the high top or low sneaker for $54.95 at Nordstrom or cheaper at another retail store.

These Chelsea Hunter Boots are to die for! They come in multiple colors, but this one is my favorite! These will look super cute with the distressed jeans mentioned above. These babies will for sure help you conquer April showers! They are $125 on Hunterboots.com.

For a day that isn’t too cold, this floral romper from Nordstrom is perfect! Spring is the perfect time to start showing off a little skin. Forever 21 right now is promoting a lot of floral rompers also. Pair it with the khaki trench and you’re ready for a date night looking sweet. This one is $62, but rompers go for as little as $18 at Forever 21.

You never go wrong with cardigans! This pastel pink cardigan from Nasty Gal is light enough to wear even in the spring. It is $101, but similar cardigans range from $15 and up! 

Reza Moreno

St. John's

I am 19 years old from Southern Califronia currently a student at St. John's University. I love writing about fashion and sports. My hobbies include designing clothes, writing poems, and reading!
just livin'.