This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Punk is a music genre known for its unmatched intensity. Whether the message of the music is political or full-on anarchy, punks know how to deliver music that portrays the intense and sometimes urgency surrounding it. Somewhere in between fighting the powers that be and condoning all around delinquency, a few punk bands have dedicated a few songs to one of the most intense and complex feelings we all have: Love. If you’re looking for a playlist that evokes the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of love, I have a punk Valentine’s Day playlist for you! 

Sydney Potter

St. John's '20

Sydney is a Communication Arts major at St. John's University. She is from Atlanta, GA, and is a pisces, a punk, and a self-proclaimed crybaby.
Chanelle Norman

St. John's '20

Chanelle is a graduate of St. John's University '20 and former Editor-in-Chief for the chapter. When she's not sleeping for ungodly hours at a time she spends her time reading, writing and watching movies. She's pursuing her dreams of working in the book industry.