This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

On June 29, 2013, I went to my first concert at Jones Beach Theater on Long Island, NY. This concert was One Direction’s Take Me Home Tour. Here is a directioner review of the Take Me Home album:

1. “Live While We’re Young”

As the first single for this album, Live While We’re Young gave Directioners an accurate preview of how amazing Take Me Home was going to be. It’s catchy, energetic, and fun. 

2. “Kiss You”

Kiss You is in my top three favorite songs by One Direction. Similar to Live While We’re Young, it brings a lot of energy and is a great sing-along song. It also has a fun music video. 

3. “Little Things”

Tearjerker. This pure love song encourages women to be themselves and not to be ashamed of what they look like. This is an all-time classic. 

4. “C’mon C’mon”

C’mon C’mon makes you want to stop what you’re doing and dance. 

5. “Last First Kiss”

Last First Kiss is very underrated but has so much meaning. One of my favorites. 

6. “Heart Attack”

There are no words to describe the energy this song creates. 

7. “Rock Me”

Rock Me has never been one of my favorites but still has a really good beat. It is very catchy, but not a lot of Directioners knew the true meaning of this song in 2012. 

8. “Change My Mind”

This slow song covers all the boys’ vocals, especially Zayn. 

9. “I Would”

This song has such a great bridge and focuses on Louis’ voice really well. 

10. “Over Again”

This song is iconic solely for Harry’s lowkey rap segment. 

11. “Back For You”

This is an overlooked song on the album but is still very good and sincere. 

12. “They Don’t Know About Us”

I really like this song. Definitely isn’t one of the most popular songs, but it has a cute message. 

13. “Summer Love”

This song focuses on Niall’s vocals, which we don’t really see a lot, and is very nostalgic. 

14. “She’s Not Afraid”

This song has a dancing vibe right from the first note. 

15. “Loved You First”

Every girl wishes one of the boys would sing this to her. Zayn’s bridge is so great and all of the boys’ voices sound amazing. 

16. “Nobody Compares”

This is one of my favorite songs on the album. It has a catchy beat and is really cute. 

17. “Still The One”

Although this is supposed to be a breakup/I miss you song, it is another great sing-along song. 

18. “Truly Madly Deeply”

This song wasn’t available on streaming services until recently. It is really cute and heartfelt. 

19. “Magic”

Although this wasn’t available on streaming services, it recently made a huge debut on Tiktok. Very catchy and a hidden gem. 

20. “Irresistible”

Very slow but very meaningful. Another song that wasn’t available on streaming services for a while, but I’m glad it’s available now. 

If I’m going to be completely honest, there is not one song on this album that I dislike. There are songs that are better than others, but the entire album is great. I think One Direction really showed their growth as a band through this album and continued to be successful since many thought they were going to be one-hit wonders.

Isabel O'Neill

St. John's '22

I am a senior Adolescent Education major with a concentration in Spanish. I enjoy writing about pop culture, current events, important topics, and things that make me happy. You can find me shopping, at Chipotle or listening to Harry Styles :)
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.