This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Hello, fellow Johnnies! Are you having a hard time meeting new people on campus? Do you think that you may be a bit of an introvert? It’s okay, I am, too! Below, I will share several tips on how to make new friends in college as an introvert, let’s go!

1) Step oUtside OF YOUR comfort zone

First, you need to step out of your comfort zone. I know how scary this can be as an introvert myself, I always tend to stay in my safe bubble because I know that I’m protected. However, stepping out of your shell can help you make new friends! Do not be afraid to join clubs or participate in events because you never know if you will end up finding your new best friend!

2) Take on New hobbies

Another way to make friends as an introvert is to take action and embrace the hobbies or skills that you enjoy. For example, if you like photography (like myself), you can look around campus and find a photography club to join, or you could start one of your own. From there, you will start to meet new people who share the same interests as you, which will make it easier to make new friendships. Be sure to take advantage of the clubs on campus before you graduate!

3) Don’t rush it!

Lastly, keep in mind that everything takes time. Do not feel rushed to make friends quickly, as an introvert it usually doesn’t happen overnight and that is okay! It gets easier over time, so remember to take slow steps in your friend-making journey so that you will actually have a real, genuine friendship.

Remember Johnnies, never forget to be yourself at the end of the day! Stay true to yourself and the right people will definitely fall in your path. Don’t feel pressured to fit in with what everyone else is doing, just know that you are enough the way you are!

Kayla Eldridge

St. John's '25

Hey everyone! Pleasure to meet you all. I am one of the Editorial Writer's for Her Campus and I am proud to share my work with everyone!! My name is Makayla, but I also go by Kayla. I am a junior at SJU who is working on two degrees (BA Psych/MA Criminal Justice) and is minoring in Journalism. A few interesting fact's about me is that I love to read and write! I am currently working on a Poetry book and one day I will be very happily to share my poems with everyone here!