This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Kayne West and Kim Kardashian West married in 2014 following the birth of their first child, North West. In the years to follow, they had 3 more children and both continued to grow their brands. Kim Kardashian West took part in her family’s famous series Keeping Up with the Kardashians while also launching her own makeup and clothing lines. Kanye West continued to make albums, expand Yeezy’s, and developed his weekly “Sunday Services”. The famous duo has gone through a lot together: constant news and media coverage, the Paris Robbery, and Kanye’s own mental health problems. In recent years, Kanye showed symptoms of mental illness with constant public and Twitter rants and soon revealed he suffers from Bipolar Disorder. Prior to the confirmation of their divorce on February 19th, separation rumors circled the media for months and people began to speculate about their relationship. Many sources claim the reasoning for the divorce is “irreconcilable differences”, however, we may never know the real reasons. I really hope their divorce can be as private as possible, as they are constantly in the spotlight, for the sake of their 4 young children: North, Saint, Chicago, and Psalm. 

Isabel O'Neill

St. John's '22

I am a senior Adolescent Education major with a concentration in Spanish. I enjoy writing about pop culture, current events, important topics, and things that make me happy. You can find me shopping, at Chipotle or listening to Harry Styles :)
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.