Fall/Spooky Decor for Your Dorm Room to get into the Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Aside from Christmas, fall and the spooky season are the most wonderful (and sweetest) time of year. Seasonal decor items get no better than they are in October and November. If you are fond of Halloween or fall in general, let’s see how we can spice up your dorm room setup to get into the spirit.
I’ve found that the best places to look for decor are often local. You’ll want to visit Target, TJ Maxx, Halloween (or Party) City, or a Walgreens near you. In terms of decorative gems for your bedroom, I’ve had the most success on Amazon. Nothing feels better than coming home to a cozy fall-themed dorm room. Below I’ve listed the links to some of my favorite fall/spooky finds.

1. Pumpkin Throw Pillow

ngNznUIp CPVdE1RKtZ3Dv9RZWD8C LcE9OP6nD0pDYWgF5ZPeOZRkNQEGphwDzJH 9HJ4beP6XbQbmRftPfReYHcVq9oIZs 4s64cmeE esi 6obQBK MtuVOPgdL BF ny cU2w8YFvZHtmFeYVu3QgWCdCJY J9Qe mIwTgfSRJaTDd44gPna g

This pumpkin plush pillow is a great addition, perfect for both Halloween and fall. These come in multiple styles, however, the white one is my favorite!

2. Plaid Decorative Pillows

zUyTUJzF QYLMc3y1BO 4bbpMdOGXJ1BFvRm9mLliGRhYOVrp9PCLitoMCH9ySBUGcKxF0BGzUnhikD6hS0IrehwV 86OzOh6A1KaruXf1I6LdXgbUbqpaZE eEZNVTht 5eLN487y 0RkUttU4VvmMeWcAukf2eiSAOPoyWQ28JHNG IT4GcsRaog

This time of year screams plaid print cardigans, andhe print looks even better on pillows. This, in combination with the pumpkin throw above make for cute, subtle bed decor.

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas: Halloween Snow Globe, Canvas Town Map, Black Jack Faux Succulent

uCVvygCUbvKkrbWZ8wFi eBvwS0ZV7MCdBM3LHfsYVWcphDh9XwHjDN0SiSRm849DGIGWPvMRgqHkFHPDShVVpUcovnJc13A8ZeRmUuVEuxEy3uU6jJ l8DkZ9BqATuSR997EOvYKfN2apsT1UdQz j5HqoFgcyGvgC4S8CZ71FznAdPPUnY haqhA

If you are like me and you love Halloween classics, this Nightmare Before Christmas Halloween Snow Globe and other decor are a must have! The water globe plays the movies’ theme tune if you are looking for an eerie vibe to get you in the spirit. I personally love succulents, but I find them hard to maintain. This one that I found is fake, black, and sits in a Jack flower pot.

4. Crawling Halloween Spider Lace Lined Tablecloth
As a student, a lot of my time is spent around the common area table doing my work. This tablecloth is great for this spooky time of year. The lace makes it look like spiders are falling from their webs off of the table.

5. Halloween Wreath

hU5snLgQFL7Ljprdsg0hC4xm1nU5eJCcq9FTozHBT7hsZrTL5diq DGRWUrjOZnRVCa48N2ijFPf4g3lAm0o5QvhGD8cFPVC GADoW2ujfdDW14WsHWod

This Pumpkin Orange and Black Shatterproof Wreath will put you, your roommates, and guests in the mood for fall. It is shatter proof and can be used both in and outdoors.

6. Pumpkin Candy Dish

My roommates and I’s newest addition to help us get into the spooky spirit has been a candy dish. Anyone can grab a treat on their way in and out of the door.

7. Halloween Spider Web Lights

If you like LED lights, this is a great addition for Halloween. The lights are formed into a web with a tiny spider, perfect for Halloween.

8. Matte Black Skull

wqzydqCquw3vXOIxTArQUQMCxayL0NayM8xIlkupwqCPDRhrSlPRcmxcGVTpQucmJx5S 1bhJqdaei0Sm0GclrKQWVAu8j66xeTG9uCxxnOH7u0aiTnmS AO ESXS6W6NI5 tuye6RODFENi3tifemLTQGIVD 0G21LCG vV1 kRRn gG4tc8YAg

What would Halloween be without Skulls and Skeletons? It doesn’t get much spookier. This decorative skull could be placed on a dresser, dining table or any other surface this spooky season.

9. Faux Spider Webs

The other day, my roommates and I put up our fake spider webs to get into the spirit. These are subtle, but still a decorative way to add to your dorm this year.

10. Halloween Wall Tapestry

zJHuu3qnmSEf aaU6TwMLPlIeCRmL NeYVqlMFyb4dNtFC8SaTfprSClxURLHLuIysFx1D UZZXnruaZ3NrWiWvW4k9f4lOMCwOBQ2c0QC1R78DhKnF5WX9CyVcFNJWRL9WI8jlO iDW3c6lTUpzehLVqwql12a1rIQUDu X8qGyYlpUCRQItWrTA

This tapestry can be hung in a room or common area. The dancing skeletons not only lighten the mood but scream Halloween.

I hope I’ve helped you fill your carts in your search for decor. If these aren’t your taste, the sites listed above have endless options for seasonal items for everyone. Be sure to treat yourself this fall, and have a Happy Halloween!

Alysha Richards

St. John's '23

19| NY| Hello! My name is Alysha Richards and I am a junior at St. John's University in Queens. I am currently working towards a degree in Legal Studies, and a minor in Journalism. Writing has always been a creative outlet for me. Lover of all things Disney & Marvel.