Brelyn Williams – Fall ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Name:  Brelyn Williams

Age: 20

Hometown: I’m a military brat so I don’t actually have one, but I claim Georgetown, Texas.

Year: Junior

Major: Hospitality Management

Relationship Status:  Taken

Favorite Food: Anything in the breakfast category

Favorite Band/Musician: Frank Ocean (It’s more of an obsession than just a “favorite”)

Favorite Movie: Don’t laugh….Matilda

What is your favorite memory from your time here so far?This is a really tough one! I have had some pretty good times here at St. John’s. If I have to narrow it down to just one, my favorite memory would have to be a rather recent one; becoming a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Becoming an Alpha Kappa Alpha woman has been a dream of mine since I was younger. I have been able to meet so many amazing women and help out with other great projects in my short time in the sisterhood.

If there was anything you could change about your college career up to now, what would you change and why?If I could change one thing about my time in college I would have definitely liked to become more involved on campus from day one. Freshman year I struggled to find my place here on campus and sort of shut myself off. I almost transferred to a whole different school, but I met some amazing people who really changed my outlook on St. John’s. I now know I was not fully submerging myself into the full St. John’s/college experience.

What advice would you give the new class of freshmen about St. John’s?The advice I would give to the new class of freshmen is to get involved. Don’t let fear stop you from experiencing all that St. John’s has to offer. There are so many things you will miss out on and regret by not opening yourself up to new things, like clubs, or random events happening on campus. College is really where you will meet your best friends for the rest of your life. That is not just one of the stupid cliches people use. I certainly have met some amazing people by opening up and doing things that I would not usually do.

What are your career aspirations?My ultimate career aspiration is to be an event coordinator. I would love to plan weddings, parties, and meetings as small as 50 people to thousands of people. I am not sure if I would like to create my own event coordinating business or join someone else’s.

Anai Perez

St. John's '17

Anai Perez is an alumna of Delta Phi Epsilon and St. John's University, currently working for the Department of Treasury. She is a lover of all animals (none more than her blue nosed pitbull, Blu) and a self proclaimed fangirl who's obsessed with Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, Sailor Moon and Game of Thrones.