Style

Black-Owned Businesses That Deserve More Recognition 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Entrepreneurship has been on the rise in today’s society. Individuals no longer want to work office jobs and they want to be their own bosses. They begin to conduct their business plans to figure out when is the right moment to launch their brand to the world. I have found some amazing black-owned businesses that everyone should check out right now! It never hurts to treat yourself to retail therapy since the products never disappoint.

1. GlamourGirl Lash Bar !NC

GlamourGirl Lash Bar !NC is my small business that I started on September 22nd, 2020. The inspiration for my business was to honor my great-grandmother whom I called “GlamourGirl” that I lost to colon cancer. I sell lashes, accessories, and lash accessories.

1. Kamali Designz

This small business features self-made art designs placed on clothing articles. The main premise behind this brand is that with anything you do in life, you must be you. We only get one life and it should be fulfilled by living in our truths. They sell shirts, jewelry, art, hoodies, accessories, and much more!

1. Bundles of Bug

This small business highlights transparent wigs, bundles, and HD wigs. The density of the wigs ranges between 180% density and 200% density. The best option if you are looking for a lace that looks more natural look. These are flawless wigs that can be reinstalled as much as you’d like!

1. Nail’d by Londyn 

This is a black-owned nail shop filled with licensed female estheticians and nail technicians. Whatever nail art you dream of, these women can bring it to life. After your appointment, you can purchase cuticle oils and a pink Himalayan exfoliator to enjoy at home.

1. Customz by Neesy

Customz by Neesy is a  small business that creates custom handmade gifts. You can order custom shirts, masks, phone cases, glasses, and much more. The delivery is available from May through August. This is the perfect place to order bulk items for a business, any event, and for gifts. 

Go ahead and check out these dope brands! Go Shop Til’ You Drop! 

Jazmyne Easley

St. John's '23

Hi! I am Jazmyne Easley ! I am a criminal justice major with a concentration in forensic psychology. During my journey at St.John's I have been inducted into honor societies and promoted as team leader at my campus job pretty early into my college career. I love to shop, read, write, and hang out with friends/family. I am the CEO of GlamourGirl Lash Bar !NC. I've had a passion for writing since I was a little girl. I always felt that I could express myself in a manner that is unmatched through my writing. I am super excited about my journey with Her Campus ! Ig@_1jse