Best Seasonal Treats That Will Spark Your Fall Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

As we begin to bask in this beautiful autumn weather, it is now time to indulge in our fall treat cravings that come along with the season. So, I am here to recommend five snacks for you to try this fall season! 

1. Gingerbread Cookies

These soft cookies consist of ingredients like flour, molasses, sugar, and any other ingredient you wish to add for more fall flavors! If you’ve never tried one before you can purchase them from a brand like Little Debbie’s, or you can have some real fall fun and bake them at home. These are some of my favorite fall treats because they take me back to my childhood when I would curl up in front of the TV while watching movies and television shows that reminded me of autumn. 

1. Oatmeal Creme Pies 

This sweet treat is made up of two soft oatmeal cookies paired with a creme filling in between. Shoppers can find this snack at grocery stores and it is commonly sold by Little Debbie’s, as well. Oatmeal Creme Pies are another one of my favorites as they remind me of the days when I would receive one as a snack in daycare. 

1. Gourmet Popcorn Tins

This delicious treat simply is a large popcorn tin split into three sections categorized by flavor. The popcorn flavors consist of butter, caramel, and the third flavor is usually changed each fall. If you have never tried one of these popcorn tins before I highly recommend ordering one. Every fall I am reminded of this treat as it brings me back to those grade school days when these popcorn tins were sold to raise money. So, be on the lookout for any relatives or friends who may be selling gourmet popcorn tins to fundraise! 

1. Cinnamon Rolls

It’s safe to say that most people have had the pleasure of trying a delicious, flavored-filled cinnamon roll before. This is the perfect treat to bake at home with friends while watching a spooky film! The most commonly-known brands to purchase these from would be the bakery chain, Cinnabon and the dessert company, Pillsbury. This treat is a fall staple because it reminds me of when my cousins and I baked them at sleepovers together. 

1. Pecan Swirls

This sweet pastry is cooked to perfection as it contains cinnamon and pecans. Pair a pecan swirl with your morning coffee or with a glass of milk to satisfy a late-night “sweet treat” craving. This snack is commonly sold by Tastykake which can be found at most grocery stores.

Take a trip to the store or to your kitchen cupboard to try some (or all) of these delicious fall treats. Get into that fall spirit and have a great time snacking! 

Jazmyne Easley

St. John's '23

Hi! I am Jazmyne Easley ! I am a criminal justice major with a concentration in forensic psychology. During my journey at St.John's I have been inducted into honor societies and promoted as team leader at my campus job pretty early into my college career. I love to shop, read, write, and hang out with friends/family. I am the CEO of GlamourGirl Lash Bar !NC. I've had a passion for writing since I was a little girl. I always felt that I could express myself in a manner that is unmatched through my writing. I am super excited about my journey with Her Campus ! Ig@_1jse