Best Cafes Around NYC to Find Pumpkin Spice Lattes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

The American staple coffee chain, Starbucks, has been selling Pumpkin Spice Lattes since 2003. It has now become a stereotype for all to enjoy during the fall season.

Since 2003, selling pumpkin spice lattes from the end of August until Thanksgiving, Starbucks brings in about $200 million with the original recipe. But, in August 2015, Starbucks changed the method, which many like better. 

Starbucks started the trend of pumpkin spice being made into many different and strange creations since they released the latte in 2003. From cough drops to air fresheners, to pasta sauce, to SPAM. This scent and taste dominates stores during fall without fail. 

But what if you are on a college student budget? Starbucks will not cut it since they range in cost from $4.95-$5.45. Here are some of the best cafes to get a cheap, yet delicious PSL during the fall season on a college student budget:  

Bean and Bean Coffee Roasters

Instagram: @beannbeancoffee

Bean and Bean Coffee Roasters has been dominating New York City recently. This NYC based company started in 2008. They now have four locations: Wall Street, Chelsea, Queens, and Fort Lee. Still serving the locals, their coffees and teas are fresh and organic. For true PSL fans, Bean and Bean is the place to go for your fall spice fix. 

Grounded Coffee House

Website: groundedcoffee.com

Located in the West Village, Grounded Coffee House is an amazing and unique place for college students. With so many blends of coffee to choose from, you will never get bored from what they have. They also have an extensive range of herbal, black, and green teas for tea lovers. For the newbies to the PSL craze, Grounded is an excellent place to start. 

B Cup Cafe 

Instagram: @bcupcafe

For the spice lovers of PSLs, B Cup Cafe is for you. Located in the East Village, with colorful walls and exterior, this cafe speaks its artistic mind in all of the drinks and sandwiches they offer. Serving locals pure and robust options, B Cup Cafe will never let you down with their coffee. 

12 Corners Coffee

Instagram: @12cornerscoffee

For the students and New Yorkers with a sweet tooth, 12 Corners is your place to go. This soft, chill coffee shop is located in the Lower East Side. Established in 2012, they have not been letting college students down with their prices. A cup of coffee is only $2.75 there! With their lattes reigning true to sweet lovers, 12 Corners will be a cafe that will never disappoint you. 

Go out and try these pumpkin spice lattes, and see which one matches you!  

Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

St John’s Student who is studying Sports Management with a minor in journalism. I plan to change the sports world for the better and have women be represented in all aspects of the world.
Chanelle Norman

St. John's '20

Chanelle is a graduate of St. John's University '20 and former Editor-in-Chief for the chapter. When she's not sleeping for ungodly hours at a time she spends her time reading, writing and watching movies. She's pursuing her dreams of working in the book industry.