This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.
Remember the Titans

Remember the Titans is a heartwarming and uniting movie that focuses on racism, friendships and dedication to the game of football. Featuring Denzel Washington, Ryan Gosling and Hayden Panettierre, this Disney movie will have you on a roller coaster of emotions.  

The Last Song

This Nicholas Sparks film follows the challenging life of Ronnie Miller, Miley Cyrus, and how she adjusts with living with her dad for the summer. She learns the importance of family while falling in love with a local hottie, Liam Hemsworth. 

Cheaper by the Dozen

Cheaper by the Dozen follows the life and struggles of an Illinois based family with 12 kids. Tom Baker, comedy legend Steve Martin, receives a job transfer which causes his entire family to move and leave their chaotic normalcy behind. The kids begin to rely on one another and the meaning of family is portrayed through the common struggles of the family. 

The Princess Diaries

Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews star in this Disney comedy which focuses on a young girl who recently discovers her royal title, Princess Mia of Genovia. Mia’s California lifestyle turns upside down by suddenly having to learn royal protocols and become devoted to the throne. 

Hannah Montana: The Movie

Not only do we love Hannah Montana the TV show, but we love the movie even more. Miley Stewart returns home to her Tennessee roots to reflect on the true meaning of her dual life. She learns the importance of her family’s value, growth and friendships. Miley also develops a romance with a hometown cowboy, Travis. 

Isabel O'Neill

St. John's '22

I am a senior Adolescent Education major with a concentration in Spanish. I enjoy writing about pop culture, current events, important topics, and things that make me happy. You can find me shopping, at Chipotle or listening to Harry Styles :)
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.