This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. John's chapter.

Since the pandemic is still a thing, it is crucial we take advantage of the warm weather coming up! Here are some cute outdoor date ideas for you, your partner, and your friends to enjoy (mainly for my Long Island and NYC people):

Go to an NYC Rooftop Restaurant/Bar

There are tons of rooftop bars and restaurants throughout all the boroughs of NYC. Not only do you get to share a nice meal and drink with someone, but you get killer views (and hopefully a nice sunset if you go at night). 

Go to a park or botanical garden

Parks are the perfect place to enjoy a coffee or picnic with your friends or partner! You can walk around, play games or even bring a furry friend. Also, botanical gardens offer some peace and beauty through plants and nature. 

Go out east

Eastern Long Island offers so many fun and cute activities! From the Northfork to the Hamptons and Montauk, there are wineries, sunflower fields, farms, and beaches to have a fun time with anyone you would like! 

Go on a hike

There are a total of 24 United States National Parks in the state of New York. However, there are hundreds of preserves and local parks that offer scenic and historical hiking trails across New York State. Search for the best hiking spots in your area!

Go catch a sunrise or sunset

Sunrises and sunsets are two of the most beautiful things nature has to offer, so why not make a date out of it? Grab a bacon egg and cheese and coffee to catch the sunrise at a local Long Island beach, or watch the sunset on the cliffs in Montauk! 

Isabel O'Neill

St. John's '22

I am a senior Adolescent Education major with a concentration in Spanish. I enjoy writing about pop culture, current events, important topics, and things that make me happy. You can find me shopping, at Chipotle or listening to Harry Styles :)
Ivy Bourke

St. John's '23

Campus Correspondent for St. John's. I am a Sports Management major with a concentration in Business Administration, and a minor in Journalism. My passion for writing has never dulled so I hope to always use this passion for entertainment, and change.