Our #HCSurvivalKit has us Ready for Spring Break!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Spring break is finally here, and lucky for us Her Campus hooked us up with some fantastic swag! Take a look: 

Chipotle BOGO cards

• This is always a crowd favorite, because who doesn’t love getting free food? Chipotle is easy to grab-and-go while you’re hanging with your friends, and the company’s mission statement is to deliver “Food with Integrity,” which highlights its efforts to use organic ingredients and naturally raised meats. So, take this card and go grab yourself some good grub. Take our word for it: their new tofu Sofritas are #bliss!
Not Your Mother’s Hair Care Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner
  • We girls care about our hair, that much is a given. What better way to keep our hair healthy than by using a product that is free of sulfate, paraben, and dye AND is eco-friendly and infused with mint and raspberry extracts? The Clean Freak Purifying shampoo and conditioner leave your hair feeling fantastic!

Mini Luna Bars

• Good news, collegiettes: Luna bars are now gluten free! We got to snack on the Lemon Zest and Chocolate Dipped Coconut mini bars, but Luna just released a new flaver: Chocolate Cupcake! We can’t wait to try it. Luna bars are the perfect healthy snack for your spring break—whether you’re road-tripping it with your girls, hanging out poolside, or vegging at home watching Netflix. 

SABRE Pepper Gels

• Safety is everything, especially during spring break. While you don’t want to have to constantly worry, it’s better to be safe than sorry. SABRE is on a mission to educate and advocate for college-aged students by empowering them to take control of their own personal safety. SABRE has three key tips to stay safe during your spring break:
  • Party safely. Watch your drink at all times and don’t ever take anything from strangers. Make sure you are with people you trust.
  • Remember that there truly is strength in numbers. Never a leave a friend on their own and keep an eye out for your friends. Always make sure you have emergency cash on-hand and a charged cellphone. You never know when you might need it.
  • Especially if you are traveling internationally or in an unfamiliar place, it is always a good idea to have a business card with your hotel’s address and phone number on. 
  • The SABRE Campus Safety Pepper Gel, which is a concentrated formula with no airborne particles, is designed to have a 12-foot range. To use, first make sure you have a firm grip by placing it in the palm of your hand and gripping your fingers around it. To activate, use your thumb, NOT your index finger. 

Her Campus koozies, pens, stickers, and sunglasses!

• As college students, we’re sometimes weirdly obsessed with office supplies, so Her Campus pens are so perfect! Also koozies always come in handy, whether you’re at the beach or in your apartment, and the sunglasses will keep out the UV rays as we soak up the sun over the break.
  • Her Campus also is releasing a new book! The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life has everything you and every pre-collegiette needs to know about mastering college, and having a total blast! We highly recommend preordering this book because it’s chopped full of life lessons and experiences that you don’t want to miss!

Simon & Schuster’s Dirty Rush by Katie Bell

• Speaking of fantastic books, Katie Bell’s Dirty Rush is the most hilarious book we’ve read in a while. This book is the result of combining the creative minds behind Babe Walker (author of the New York Times bestselling White Girl Problems series) and Rebecca Martinson, the former Delta Gamma sister responsible for the scathing, expletive-filled email that verbally assaulted her entire chapter. Get that towel out and get ready for one engaging beach read!

The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn

• At the ripe old age of almost twenty-five, John Lago is already New York City’s most successful hit man. He’s also an intern at a prestigious Manhattan law firm, clocking eighty hours a week getting coffee, answering phones, and doing all the grunt work actual employees are too lazy to do. He was hired to assas­sinate one of the firm’s heavily guarded partners. His internship provides the perfect cover, enabling him to gather intel and gain access to pull off a clean, untraceable hit. Part confessional, part DIY manual, The Intern’s Handbook chronicles John’s final assignment, a twisted thrill ride in which he is pitted against the toughest—and sexiest—adversary he’s ever faced: Alice, an FBI agent assigned to take down the same law partner he’s been assigned to kill. Have we mentioned that it’s about to be a major motion picture hit starring Dave Franco?! You’re welcome.

Completely Bare Beauty To Go Sample Wax Packs

• Take it from us: these waxing strips really work! Sometimes you don’t have the time or money to go to the spa or waxing center, so it’s perfectly normal giving yourself a wax! Completely bare is the most trusted name in hair removal, offering long-lasting and professional results every single time. Completely Bare’s products are safe, easy-to-use and will make sure you can primp for Spring Break with “No Heat, No Fuss, and No Mess.” Simply warm strips in your hand, press, and pull for smooth, beautiful skin. These wax packs can be purchased at CVS, ULTA, Target, and more.

Thanks to all of our wonderful sponsors, we’re going to have blast on our spring break! What are all the rest of you collegiettes doing on your vacations?

HCXO!

Samantha is a Senior English writing and rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. She just got back to America after studying abroad for a semester in Angers, France. On top of writing for Her Campus, Samantha is a teaching assistant for freshman writing classes and a news reporter/ social media editor for Hilltop Views, her campus newspaper. Follow her on twitter @samanthdriscoll and instagram @sdrisco.