This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Name:

Adam Tabak-Moreno

Hometown:

McAllen, Texas

Major:

Business Finance Minor – Environmental Systems

Rugby Position:

Winger

What is your role as a winger?

The wingers are on the far right and left sides. They receive the ball and they are technically supposed to be the fastest in order to run the ball and cut through.

How many injuries have you had?

A lot from rugby and just in general, because I’m a very injury prone person. During my first practice, I tackled somebody the wrong way and got a concussion. I have also had kidney stones, and this semester I found out that I also have scoliosis and developed shin splints.

Is your mother a rugby mom?  Is she okay with you playing such an intense sport?

My mom hates it. She wants me to play soccer, but my dad is really supportive.

How long have you been playing rugby?

Four years now, and one year seriously. My best friend back home is from Argentina and his whole family plays and I would join in. That’s how I really got into the sport.

Are you in any other activities on campus?

Not right now. I’m just focusing on classes.

So why did you choose your major?

I want to be able to make improving the environment a profitable endeavor. It is up to our generation to take responsibility for it. Yet, we have to make it attractive financially. I was raised by a man who was in finance for well over 30 years. So naturally I developed a love for it and environmental systems because I live in South Texas, where there’s a lot of bird watching and wildlife. Since I was little, my dad would always take me to photo contests, so I developed a love for nature. We would go to different ranches and stuff like that and take pictures of wildlife.

I’ve taken pictures of  a rattlesnakes, toads, birds, plants, an alligator, and we would submit the photos to the photo contest.

Did you win?

Yeah, three years in row, but I lost last year.

What were you like as a kid?

Really energetic… and really weird… I would watch the news and my mom would try to get me to watch cartoons, but I preferred National Geographic, History Channel, and the news.

What was your nickname as a kid?

Madagacascar. It’s Adam backwards, plus gascar.

Favorite Brands?

Ralph Lauren, Bespoke, and Coach

What assumptions do you think people make about you because of how you dress? Especially dressing so clean cut at an eclectic place like St. Edward’s?

People think I’m a douchebag. I’m very sensitive when it comes to other people’s views, because I hold people’s opinions in higher esteem than my own. When I dress, it’s out of respect for other people. At a place like St. Edwards, a lot of people dress nicely, but not a lot of people here dress like me, and there is nothing wrong with that. I just have a very specific style that I enjoy wearing. My mom raised me to always tuck in my shirt and in pictures I always had a collared shirt and a tie.

Car:

Black on black three series BMW, also known as “The Dark Knight”

Don’t be fooled by his clean-cut look and rugby gear, Adam Tabak Moreno is far from a stereotype, and is truly a modern gentleman with an edge.

Say hi to Adam on the Hilltop! BON VOYAGE!

Kylie, is a freshman at St.Edward's University located in the wonderfully trendy Austin, Texas. She studies Digital Media Management to pursue a career in the music industry. When she isn't busy having a love affair with the great music scene in austin, she is probably eating French macaroons or taking selfies with her French bulldog Holly. You can always hear blasting rap in her Prius.
...