I Tried the Magical Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

It all started with an Instagram post my fiancé sent to me-  “Basic white girls are about to lose their minds”

I am not typically a Starbucks gal, sure I love an iced caramel macchiato every once in a while, but wait for it (are you sitting down?) I have never even tried a Pumpkin Spiced Latte. But when I saw this photo of what appeared to be a pink, purple and blue Frappucino, I knew I had to try it. Even if just for the cool Instagram photo. I made my way to the Starbucks drive-thru after class, awkwardly asked for “the smallest size of the unicorn Frappucino thingy” and brought it home for it’s Instagram photoshoot. After taking plenty of photos, I realized it was ACTUALLY VERY YUMMY. (!!!) 

According to Starbucks, it is “made with a sweet dusting of pink powder blended into a crème Frappuccino with mango syrup, and layered with a pleasantly sour blue powder topping,”  It changes colors from pink to purple when you stir in “swirls of blue.” 

I would describe it as a vanilla bean Frappucino, with some kind of fruity and tart drizzle throughout. Refreshing, but also sweet AND the little sprinkles on top reminded me of the sour sugar on sour punch straws!

All in all, I would definitely recommend you grab one of these cute little guys before they stop making them.  

The Unicorn Frappuccino Blended Crème drink will be available through April 23rd. (Only 3 more days!!) 

P.S. Did you know that Snapchat face-detecting filters work on the Starbucks lady? Okay. Just had to inform y’all. 

Her Campus St. Edward's Staff Writer
Hannah Saada

St Edward's '18

Hannah is passionate about gender equity and is a Marketing major at St. Edward's University. She's currently the President for HC at her university. Friends can attest she's a serious Netflix addict and 80s movies are close to her heart. When she's not binge watching a new show, you'll either catch her reading or laughing at terrible puns. [S]he's a righteous dude. Follow Hannah on Instagram at @han_saada