This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Over the past couple of weeks, Austin has turned into an unpredictable bubble of weather messiness. It’ll be 72 on Monday, 60 on Wednesday, and 37 on Friday. And repeat. So, when classes aren’t cancelled and you have to trek to class, how can you prepare for major and sudden changes? Follow these tips to make sure you’re prepared.

Wear layers

Layers make sure you can change your coverage level as the weather gets warmer or cooler. If it’s 60 degrees and threatening to get colder, wear a pair of dark jeans with a light blouse, and throw on a sweater as the temperature drops. If it really gets cold, keep a heavier jacket in your car.

Stay away from sandals

As much as we’re all yearning to show off our pedicures and break out cute spring sandals, you’re better off waiting until the weather stabilizes a bit more. If not, your pedicure might have some frostbite on it. In the meantime, wear cute booties or flats with some sort of thin sock.

Employ eye-catching accessories

Chances are you’ll be wearing puffy-ish jackets on a couple of these mini polar vortexes that keep coming and going. If you still want to make a statement under all those layers, find a cute pair of earrings or a bib necklace that will stand out from all the dreariness. Color is your friend.

Break out your school sweatshirt

Austin is full of days that are neither too cold for a jacket nor too warm for a tank top. For these in between days, dig out your school sweatshirt–you know, the one you dropped big bucks on as a freshman–and show your school pride. Pair it with skinny jeans, riding boots and a cool side braid for a more put together look.

Above all, check the weather every morning. Even if it was beautiful and sunny yesterday, you can’t guarantee for it to stay that way!

I'm a senior in my last semester at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. I'm a triathlete, cat lover and marathoner of tv shows. siempresarita.com
Brooke Lewis

St Edward's

Brooke Lewis is a senior English Writing & Rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin. She has one left semester left and plans to study journalism in graduate school, after graduation. She also is interning at The Austin American Statesman this semester, for the online department. Brooke has been obsessed with magazines since the 7th grade, when she created one with her friends and distributed it to the girls in her grade. Besides writing, Brooke enjoys playing the piano, hanging out with friends, and watching too much DVR'd television. Some of her favorite shows include Scandal, Nashville, Grey's Anatomy, and the Real Housewives franchise (quality television right there). Brooke is excited to be Co-Editor in Chief of St. Edward's chapter of Her Campus this semester!