Fashion Items You Need for the Spring Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.

Spring semester gives us a mixture of the coldest and hottest Texas days. As savvy college students, we should want to make sure that we buy pieces that will work well in the winter and the summer. And of course, as St. Edward’s students we want to look pretty fashionable walking through campus. There are two pieces that are both stylish and can be worn year round; they are booties and plaid button-ups.

Booties work well with denim and keep your feet warm in the winter. In the summer, they similarly look cute with denim cut-off jeans and sun dresses.

Who doesn’t love plaid button ups especially in Austin, right? Wear a plaid button-up as one of many layers for the coldest days of January and February. Once the hotter days come, roll up the sleeves and wear it with shorts or over your sun dress.

Brooke Lewis

St Edward's

Brooke Lewis is a senior English Writing & Rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin. She has one left semester left and plans to study journalism in graduate school, after graduation. She also is interning at The Austin American Statesman this semester, for the online department. Brooke has been obsessed with magazines since the 7th grade, when she created one with her friends and distributed it to the girls in her grade. Besides writing, Brooke enjoys playing the piano, hanging out with friends, and watching too much DVR'd television. Some of her favorite shows include Scandal, Nashville, Grey's Anatomy, and the Real Housewives franchise (quality television right there). Brooke is excited to be Co-Editor in Chief of St. Edward's chapter of Her Campus this semester!