Campus Cutie: Katie Mathias

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Edward's chapter.
Campus Cutie: Katie Mathias

Grade: Senior

Age: 21

Major: Art

Hometown: San Diego, CA

Relationship Status: Single

What does your typical Friday night look like?
I guess just like chilling at home with my friends, listening to music and drinking beer. Blue Moon Beer, specifically.

Who is your style icon?
Demi Lovato. I actually like the way she dresses. I don’t like her music, but I love the way she dresses. She looked really good at the VMAs. I like her new hair. It’s short and like shaved on the side. I think she can pull off anything.

What do you like most about St. Edward’s?
I love how small and close everyone is, and that it seems like everybody really knows each other and everybody is pretty open to being friends with everybody. I love that the classes are small and that the professors get to know you, because it’s a lot more helpful than being in a large lecture class where the professor has no idea who you are.

What activities are you involved with on campus?
I’m in FCA, Art Beat, and I’m the lead sketch artist for Fool’s Gold, the online comedy magazine here at school.

If you only got to each one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Probably mangoes. I don’t know, I just love them. They’re so good and healthy so I wouldn’t get that fat probably. I wouldn’t get sick of them, and they already taste good with everything. They’re sweet, they can be eaten with dinner food and dessert food, and if you want to eat something healthy, they’re also a fruit. 

What is your favorite TV show couple and why?
Probably Gomez and Morticia Addams from the Addams family, because they’re just so in love and everything they say to each other is so romantic even though it’s like dark romance. It’s like they’re never not in love with each other, and the way he looks at her is just…he’s so in love with her.
Samantha is a Senior English writing and rhetoric major at St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas. She just got back to America after studying abroad for a semester in Angers, France. On top of writing for Her Campus, Samantha is a teaching assistant for freshman writing classes and a news reporter/ social media editor for Hilltop Views, her campus newspaper. Follow her on twitter @samanthdriscoll and instagram @sdrisco.