This Week We Love: Advent Calendars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

A few weeks ago I discovered something amazing! Someone has come up with a nail polish Advent Calendar! I would love to know who, so I can personally thank them, but I will instead write this blog praising their genius. 

I always loved Advent Calendars as a child. We had a fun one, usually with Playmobile, and a religious one with velcro characters from the Christmas story. My sibilings and I liked them both, but the toy one was more exciting, even if we did have to share. 

Fast forward a few years and here I am at uni in St Andrews and everyone I know has only ever had a chocolate Advent Calendar. I felt a bit bad for them, and never got into that kind of calendar. That was until I found the one devoted to nail polish. 

If my friends ever need a colour of polish that they don’t have, chances are I own two options. I love nail polish! I would not have been seduced by a general beauty product Advent Calendar, and definitely not one for lip gloss or eye shadow, but they had me at nail polish. I cannot wait until December 1st when I get to start opening the boxes and see what colours lay behind the doors. 

Yes, I know I’m supposed to be revising all December. But most of my revision breaks will be devoted to my new nail polish, and I will not feel even the tiniest bit guilty! 

If you want to get one for yourself, they’re for sale on Selfridges and ASOS. You can thank me now. 

Hannah is a 4th year student of English Literature and Art History at the University of St Andrews.