Restaurant Review: The Peat Inn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

During the break, my aunt from California came to visit me in Scotland. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to finally visit The Peat Inn. I was confident that they would be able to cater to her dietary needs (vegan) and wanted to show her how good Scotland has become with food. 

We arrived after a short drive from St Andrews and were greeted with a cosy, home like atmosphere. Our menus were brought over and we were astonished when we realized they had created not just one possible vegan option but an entire A La Carte and Tasting Menu suitable for my aunt.

We both opted for the vegan tasting menu. Six exquisite, tiny courses arrived in succession to delight our tastebuds. It was almost enough to make me consider cutting out dairy. Between each course we were presented with the most amazing rosemary focaccia bread with soy butter. I would go back just for that bread.

All in all it was an amazing experience, one I am keen to repeat. Now I just have to talk my parents into taking me to The Peat Inn for graduation! 

Hannah is a 4th year student of English Literature and Art History at the University of St Andrews.