Prince George’s Debut Down Under

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

By Emma Freer 

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge recently wrapped an extended tour of Australia and New Zealand. The happy couple brought their adorable new baby, Prince George, along with them, and he made quite the first impression. All in the all, the trip passed seamlessly: the royals reaffirmed Britain’s good relationship with Australia and New Zealand, George proved himself to be very cute, and many women’s retailers benefitted from Kate’s public outings in a variety of lovely outfits (which, of course, very soon after sold out). Herewith, a collection of photos from their time Down Under.

Like all good official appearances, Will and Kate’s Australian tour provided many excellent photo ops, quite a few of which involved the lovely trio disembarking from a private plane and George making faces for the awaiting crowd.

The Australian populace proved keen hosts, and they greeted Will and Kate warmly at each stop. Will made friends with a giraffe, while Kate dazzled the crowd with her smile.

George was consistently precious. He has not been photographed much since his departure from the hospital after his birth, excepting a couple official photographs of the royal family. In Australia, he constantly delivered, hamming it up for the camera while making friends with an eponymous bilby.

In which Kate dresses differently than those around her. (Though obviously her sartorial decisions are still on point.)

George was overwhelmed with emotion when it was time to leave. But he’ll always have his memories, his stuffed wombat, and this photo.