Looking for your next favourite podcast? Here are my 2022 recommendations!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

Wherever I go, you will almost always find me listening to a podcast. The truth is that I find something very comforting about them. The women heading these podcasts feel like my older sisters, helping me navigate my way through girlhood, which we all know can be difficult from time to time. These podcasts are my saviours because I relate to them in so many different ways. They remind me how full the schedules of girls can be; we are all trying to keep ahead in university or at work, maintain friendships and relationships, have a social life, look after our mental/physical health, all whilst just getting enough sleep to be able to do it all again tomorrow. I have chosen my favourite podcasts of 2022 to include all the topics you should explore and I hope they can be as much fun and comforting for you as they have been for me!

Here for the Craic with Emma Neill

Emma Neill is the big sister we all need in our lives. She is 25 and from Northern Ireland, a University student, makeup artist, content creator and certified yoga instructor. She covers everything from learning to accept yourself, love, mental health to girl bossing, breaking gender norms and telling embarrassing sex stories. Emma’s podcast is so comforting and relatable and has been my favourite one of the whole year. Her “girly chats” open the floor to listeners of the podcast, and she creates a comfortable community for everyone who listens. Every Monday you will find me looking at my phone awaiting a new episode. Her vibe and advice encompass everything I want to know as a girl, and ‘Here for the Craic’ will always be my go-to podcast.

Call Her Daddy with Alex Cooper

27-year-old Alex Cooper, host and producer of “Call Her Daddy” rose to fame quickly accumulating millions of loyal listeners into the “daddy gang” who are excited to listen to her talk about sex and relationships. She’s now one of the most popular podcasters of her time, discussing everything that affects relationships – from spicing up your sex life to trauma and couples therapy. What makes this podcast so good is that Alex who does not shy away from the taboo topics of sex and you get the chance to hear all of your favourite celebrities talk about their life experiences as women. This podcast is a sex and relationships bible for Gen-Z and one that I find myself listening to on repeat!

Growing with the flow with Nayna Florence

Nayna Florence, a content creator from London who gained attention for her wholesome Uni of Edinburgh vlogs, created one of the most calming environments with her podcast “Growing with the flow.” She navigates the brink of adulthood teaching you how to build a life you love, especially while in university. She has definitely been my university guide for the short time I have been at St Andrews and she has given me all the tips I will ever need to survive the stresses of academic life. The podcast was recently stopped due to her travelling, but it is one I hope to see return.

Wednesdays we drink wine with Melissa Tattam and Sophie Habboo

The ‘Made in Chelsea’ girls took the limelight once again with the creation of their podcast “Wednesdays we drink wine.” Every Wednesday Melissa and Sophie sit and chat over a new bottle of wine providing us with hilarious episodes full of juicy drama, tips and secrets – which is basically everything you want from a gossip session with your friends. This podcast always makes me laugh and gasp at the scenarios that viewers send in!

Note: All of these podcasts can be found on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.

Emily Hadfield

St. Andrews '26

Hi there! My name is Emily and I study Spanish and International Relations at the University of St Andrews. I am interested in all thing's women focussing on how we can empower them throughout all aspects of our lives.