Four Female-Led Movies to Look Forward to in 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Andrews chapter.

We’re approaching the end of February, and a lot of great movies have been released already, the highlight of which for me was Hidden Figures, a must-watch, but there is still a lot to look forward to, especially with regards to female-led movies:

1. Wonder Woman

While Marvel fans are still waiting for their well-deserved Black Widow movie (MARVEL, IT’S BEEN YEARS), DC’s Wonder Woman movie is definitely worth getting hyped up for. The trailer looks amazing, and I know I’ll be first in line for it in March.

2. Beauty and the Beast

Years ago, a live-action Beauty and the Beast movie starring Emma Watson was just a fangirl’s dream, but now it’s reality. I love that Belle is the scientist in this movie instead of her father, and Emma Watson just captures Belle perfect. I’m a total Disney nerd, this is gonna be awesome :D

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Star-Lord maybe the main character of GOTG, but the movie is nothing without its ensemble team, and I can’t wait for more Gamora, and maybe even more to her backstory.

4. Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Rey’s new look on the sneak peek at the Last Jedi product packaging is completely amazing, and I’m completely losing it over the fact that she’s holding Luke’s lightsaber. She’s my favorite character in the new trilogy (followed closely by Finn and Poe), and I can’t wait for more of her. Seeing Leia on screen for the last time will be heartbreaking – we miss you, Carrie Fisher <3

Jenny Yau

St. Andrews

I'm Jenny Yau, 19 and from Hong Kong. Reading, writing poetry and watching tv are my main obsessions. I am sometimes mistaken for a hermit, but I'm friendly once you get to know me :p