Your Holiday Trader Joe’s Shopping List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

If you’re a regular Trader Joe’s shopper, you know that at the beginning of holiday seasons, the aisles are filled with new seasonal food items. It’s slightly embarrassing how much I enjoy wandering the aisles and seeing what sounds fun to try. But, it does get expensive when you throw 15 new holiday food items into your cart every time you walk through the doors. Here’s a list of items that I pinky promise are worth purchasing the next time you hit Trader Joes. 

1. Spiced Cider

This has to be my favorite beverage that TJ’s sells. Heat it up over your stove, add some cinnamon sticks, and you have yourself a perfect drink to watch a Hallmark movie with. 

1. Peppermint Hot Chocolate

This is another one of my favorites. In my opinion, chocolate and peppermint should be a combo all year round but unfortunately, this hot cocoa is only on the shelves during the Christmas season.

1. Thanksgiving Pie Chocolate Truffles

This collection of mini truffles has four incredible flavors – caramel apple pie, pecan caramel pie, pumpkin pie, and silk mousse pie. Walk- don’t run- to get these before they sell out.

1. Mini Dark Chocolate Mint Stars

This is the kind of snack that you can bring to a party or eat all by yourself at 3 am – up to you! Either way, they hit the spot!

1. Focaccia Bread Mix

I am a sucker for any type of carbs and focaccia is my favorite bread of all time. This Trader Joe’s Focaccia bread mix did not disappoint! Add anything you want to this and make a homemade panini.

1. Organic Cracker Assortment

These crackers are perfect for parties during the holiday season. The package includes stone ground wheat crackers, water crackers, multigrain crackers, entertainer square crackers, sea salt crackers and salt & pepper crackers. You’re sure to please everyone.

1. Vegan Mint & Chip Bon Bons

Calling all vegans (and non vegans because these are so good) – this coconut non- dairy frozen ice cream dessert  enrobed in a chocolate coating  is sure to take care of that sweet tooth.

1. Mini Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti

I’m not a huge fan of biscotti but this. stuff. is. so. good. They are perfect as a mini snack or on the side of some hot chocolate :)

I promise these holiday snacks are worth it. Next time you find yourself wandering the aisles at Trader Joes, make sure you pick up one or two or three or four of these treats!

Hi everyone! I am currently a third year International Business undergraduate at Seattle Pacific University with an interest in marketing, management, advertising, and social media. In my free time I enjoy taking pictures, traveling with family and friends, and finding new coffee shops.