This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SPU chapter.

The last few months of 2023 are packed with movie and show releases. Whether you are a fan of comedy, historical fiction, fantasy, or action, there is an upcoming movie or show release for you! Here are four movies and four shows that will be released in the next three months.

1. Lessons in Chemistry (October 13)

Based on the best-selling book of the same title, the story is set in the 1950s and 1960s and follows a chemist named Elizabeth Zott (Brie Larson). Elizabeth puts her career on hold after losing her job, finding out she is pregnant, and tragedy striking. She finds herself accepting a job as a host for a cooking show. On her cooking show episodes, the viewers find they are learning a lot more than recipes.

Where to watch: Apple TV+

1. All the Light We Cannot See (November 2)

All the Light We Cannot See is another show being released this year that is based on a best-selling book. The book is of the same title, All the Light We Cannot See. Taking place during World War II, the story follows a blind French girl seeking refuge after Paris is invaded and a German Soldier named Werner.

Where to watch: Netflix

1. Priscilla (November 3)

Priscilla is based on the life of Priscilla Presley (Cailee Spaney). The film depicts Priscilla and Elvis Presley (Jacob Elordi) meeting and the progression of their relationship. The audience gets insight into the public and private moments between the rock and roll artist and Priscilla.

Where to watch: Theaters

1. The Hunger Games: Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (November 17)

Based on the best-selling novel, the film takes place during the 10th Hunger Games. Coriolanus Snow (Tom Blyth), the future President of Panem, is tasked with mentoring the District 12 female tribute, Lucy Gray Baird (Rachel Zegler).

Where to watch: Theaters

1. Faraway Downs (November 26)

Director, Baz Luhrmann, created the limited series Faraway Downs as an expanded version of his 2008 film, Australia. The show is about a woman (Nicole Kidman) who is at risk of losing her land after her husband passes away. She partners with a stockman (Hugh Jackman) to protect the land.

Where to watch: Disney+ and Hulu

1. Wonka (December 15)

The story focuses on Willy Wonka (Timothée Chalamet) in his days as a young chocolatier. The film shows Wonka’s early adventures before meeting the Oompa-Loompas and creating his chocolate factory.

Where to watch: Theaters

1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians (December 20)

The show follows 12-year-old demigod Percy Jackson (Walker Scobell). With the help of his friends, the group works together to prevent the Olympian Gods from getting into a war with each other.

Where to watch: Disney+

1. Ferrari (December 25)

The film depicts the life of Enzo Ferrari (Adam Driver), the founder of the car manufacturer Ferrari. Set during Ferrari’s auto-empire crisis, he pushes himself and his drivers as they approach a 1,000-mile race across Italy.

Where to watch: Theaters

Hello! I am a student at Seattle Pacific University majoring in Economics and Applied Math. I am originally from Olympia, Washington. I love to read, write, and hang out with my dogs.